• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

$10 a barrel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Light Sweet Crude Oil -28,00 -305,97% 19:35
    $-38 now....

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      $-38 now....
      Just filled my car with fuel and the filling station paid me £50
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Just filled my car with fuel and the filling station paid me £50
        If only such price changes could reach the pump!

Comment

Is now the right time to walk through the valley of the shadow of death, and fear no evil, as fire raineth down from the heavens and the heads of the horses are like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths proceed fire and smoke and brimston...

...and buy Exxon Mobil
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Okay, putting my AndyW head on, how can you have a negative price for something? (guessing it is because it is a commodity or summat).

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              Okay, putting my AndyW head on, how can you have a negative price for something? (guessing it is because it is a commodity or summat).

qh
              I think, and it's just a guess, that producers are having to pay buyers to take oil off their hands as there's more being produced than the demand calls for. It's an oversupply issue and storage is finite.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post

qh
                Some old iron radiators sitting in my courtyard are worth a negative price, because when I phoned the scrap merchant to ask how much they'd give me for them, the cheeky feckers told me they'd have to charge _me_ to cart them away!
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                  Is now the right time to walk through the valley of the shadow of death, and fear no evil, as fire raineth down from the heavens and the heads of the horses are like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths proceed fire and smoke and brimston...

...and buy Exxon Mobil
                  Hope you've got a big tank. May contract expires tomorrow. If you have a May contract at expiration, you must take physical delivery of 1,000 barrels of oil at Cushing in Oklahoma.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                    Hope you've got a big tank. May contract expires tomorrow. If you have a May contract at expiration, you must take physical delivery of 1,000 barrels of oil at Cushing in Oklahoma.
                    I know (KUATB)

That's why I'm thinking of buying shares in Exxon Mobile and not futures on the Nymex
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

I wonder what Krankies independence manifesto looks like 'Scottish oil' prices at this level. I doubt she would blame the English.
                      Last edited by BlueSharp; 21 April 2020, 06:45.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X