• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Euro Doom™

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post

The final one means Thanks In Advance.

HTH
    DOH! I knew that!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      PMI is Purchasing Managers Index. Scale of 0 to 100. Under 50 = bad, Over 50 = good.

Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) Definition
      What 'index' are they going to use when all the Purchasing Managers have been sacked because they are no longer needed?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

ifo Business Climate Index Collapses (March 2020) | Facts | ifo Institute

Sentiment among German managers has become extraordinarily dire. The ifo Business Climate Index collapsed from 96.0 points (seasonally adjusted) in February to 86.1 points in March. This is the steepest fall ever recorded since German reunification and the lowest value since July 2009. Companies’ expectations in particular have darkened as never before. Assessments of the current situation have also worsened considerably. The German economy is in shock.
        Cheer up you miserable bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
          UK PMIs also fubared. Services at 12.3 vs. 29 expected/WAGed. It’s gonna be a historic recession...
          Phew. I was worried it was going to be a future recession.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I was worried that it was a current recession.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              It's going to be Schrodinger's recession.

Comment

It's going to be Schrodinger's recession.
                That's ok then. He's dead (or is he?) and so it won't affect anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  What 'index' are they going to use when all the Purchasing Managers have been sacked because they are no longer needed?
                  Probably the one in the back of the Encyclopedia Britannica.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    That's ok then. He's dead (or is he?) and so it won't affect anyone else.
                    If we use the analogy of a cat in a box, it's going to escape through an unfathomably small gap and piss all over your soft furnishings.

Comment

If we use the analogy of a cat in a box, it's going to escape through an unfathomably small gap and piss all over your soft furnishings.
                      I've been watching Cats from Hell. He's an amazing guy, with a real intuition about cat problems (although most boil down to territory or lack thereof). He must have made a fair bit of money out of the series by now.

Sorry, I'm rambling. What was the topic again?
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X