Imminent Tax DOOM Imminent Tax DOOM - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posts 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11

    Fingers like lightning

    elsergiovolador is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Same top rates, so no - not cheaper
    With Jeremir Corbenin in charge, the currency value would have dropped to 0, so even with tax at 100% you still wouldn't pay a penny (but you would have to drive a truck full of paper).

    That if you are not found to be a pesky entrepreneur. These types will be sent to Gulags.

  2. #12

    Godlike

    jamesbrown is a fount of knowledge

    jamesbrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    With Jeremir Corbenin in charge, the currency value would have dropped to 0, so even with tax at 100% you still wouldn't pay a penny (but you would have to drive a truck full of paper).

    That if you are not found to be a pesky entrepreneur. These types will be sent to Gulags.
    Inneresting.

  3. #13

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    With Jeremir Corbenin in charge, the currency value would have dropped to 0, so even with tax at 100% you still wouldn't pay a penny (but you would have to drive a truck full of paper).

    That if you are not found to be a pesky entrepreneur. These types will be sent to Gulags.
    Only it’s Tory Scum who nuked Entrepreneurs Relief and it will be them who will do Labour planned tax increases.

    And Sterling dropped anyway

  4. #14

    Fingers like lightning

    elsergiovolador is a permanent contractor


    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Only it’s Tory Scum who nuked Entrepreneurs Relief and it will be them who will do Labour planned tax increases.

    And Sterling dropped anyway
    The virus of socialism attacks people with brains too it seems.

  5. #15

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elsergiovolador View Post
    The virus of socialism attacks people with brains too it seems.
    They are all scum

  6. #16

  7. #17

    Contractor Among Contractors

    DealorNoDeal is NOT a disguised employee

    DealorNoDeal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Or just live with massive debt, like they do in the US. Maybe treat it like a war loan. Interest rates are dirt cheap, so it won't cost much to service. We may be in for a good dose of inflation at some point which would erode it.

  8. #18

    More fingers than teeth

    minestrone is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    17,315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Only it’s Tory Scum who nuked Entrepreneurs Relief and it will be them who will do Labour planned tax increases.

    And Sterling dropped anyway
    "I spent a day training a bot with old FT articles and this is what it came up with"

  9. #19

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is always on top

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    56,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Or just live with massive debt, like they do in the US. Maybe treat it like a war loan. Interest rates are dirt cheap, so it won't cost much to service. We may be in for a good dose of inflation at some point which would erode it.
    US git reserve currency, and EU too - but not UK

  10. #20

    Richer than sasguru

    DimPrawn is always on top

    DimPrawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covid City
    Posts
    36,183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    US git reserve currency, and EU too - but not UK
    Move to EU then, you haven't got long, get your skates on!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •