• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBC presenter not impartial

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Some on here suggest anyone right of Jezzy is far right.
    Clarkson, Kyle, Vine or Corbyn?

(I think I may have written that right to left. )
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      Clarkson, Kyle, Vine or Corbyn?

(I think I may have written that right to left. )
      There can be only one Jezzy Bell (end).
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Personally I believe "Far" (Right or Left) equates to holding views that are unacceptable to 90% of the electorate. Therefore Momentum putting forward activists to push their message without disclosing they are activists is jas bad as Tommy Twerp spreading some of his poison.
        Sort of with you, except I'd go in 20s...
        20% Far Right
        20% Right
        20% Central
        20% Left
        20% Far Left

To me, the "unacceptable" end is the extreme far left/right. And I'd say "extreme" is where you would actively go out of your way to be physically violent to someone who doesn't agree with you, or you support/promote those activities.

e.g. Momentum is far left. But I don't believe it is extreme (although I'm sure it contains some people with extreme viewpoints)

Comment

20% Far Right
          20% Right
          20% Central
          20% Left
          20% Far Left

To me, the "unacceptable" end is the extreme far left/right. And I'd say "extreme" is where you would actively go out of your way to be physically violent to someone who doesn't agree with you, or you support/promote those activities.

e.g. Momentum is far left. But I don't believe it is extreme (although I'm sure it contains some people with extreme viewpoints)
          Did you ask to become a moderator or did someone decide you would be a good fit?

"well they all keep calling each other cretins, lets put a real, 100% cretin in charge"

Comment

Seriously, did you have an aneurysm? Some medical reason for your stupidity?

I just can't process that you managed to carry off a series of rational posts for long enough to get asked to be a moderator.

Comment

Your definition of "Far right" may well be different to a generally accepted definition, or to mine. That doesn't make you correct.

List the following people in terms of how far right they are:

Enoch Powel
              Tommy Robinson
              Nick Griffin
              Nigel Farage
              Jacob Rees Mogg
              Boris Johnson
              Margaret Thatcher
              Tony Blair
              Bean

Then decide which are "right wing" and which (if any) are "far right"
              Why are you deflecting?

Ok then,
              What is your definition of far right?
              What is the generally accepted definition?

Where in any of the links you posted does guido Fawkes qualify?
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

20% Far Right
                20% Right
                20% Central
                20% Left
                20% Far Left

Given, you called the guido website extremist. according to what your definition posted above, where does the website promote/support violence?
                Originally posted by Old Greg
                I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

20% Far Right
                  20% Right
                  20% Central
                  20% Left
                  20% Far Left

Extremes tend to have fewer adherents so 10% at the extremes makes sense and 40% in the centre. You also have to remember lots of people don't care about politics until it affects them!

The problem with many of the positions is that it is normally decided by how the policy affects the individual person. My Kids were all for free tuition fees until I pointed out that the Universities wouldn't be able to afford to teach them without fees.

Unplanned low skill immigration doesn't really affect me, I have a well paid professional job, stacks of savings and a nice big house that I own. However it does affect friends who have a family of 5 in a 2 bed flat / 4 in a 1 bed flat with depressed wages in their fairly unskilled jobs. I think its wrong but might vote for a policy that affects me more.

Many dislike unions until they help you personally. Even so it is unhealthy the way Labour and the Unions are bound together.

Many may like green power on both sides of the fence, the right may suggest it should be cost effective. That dirty bit of capitalism that comes with being conservative.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Why Donald Trump attacks the media - BBC News

29 July 2018

Full transcript: President Trump’s CPAC speech - Vox

"They're very dishonest people. In fact, in covering my comments, the dishonest media did not explain that I called the fake news the enemy of the people — the fake news. They dropped off the word “fake”. And all of a sudden the story became the media is the enemy."

It's amateur hour at the BBC. But to misquote someone to that extent shows malice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                      Why are you deflecting?

Ok then,
                      What is your definition of far right?
                      What is the generally accepted definition?

Where in any of the links you posted does guido Fawkes qualify?
                      Let's get this right, you're accusing me of deflecting, then rather than answer the simple question, you deflect from it.

Comment

Working...
                      X