• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dominic Cummings further revelations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    If you do some stuff which could be considered (however loosely)contracting but it is not your job, are you a contractor?
    FTFY

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

If you do some stuff which could be considered (however loosely) journalism but it is not your job, are you a journalist?
      If you work at one client for 2+ years in ways which could be considered (however loosely) like an employee, are you a permie?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Plenty which I've posted here....

OK given the two dictionary definitions which parts does he not satisfy?

Your perceived quality of his work is not important.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

If you do some stuff which could be considered (however loosely) journalism but it is not your job, are you a journalist?
          If your name is Nigel Farage and you want to go down to the South Coast to report on the hordes of migrants crossing the channel then you can just call yourself a journalist so you can be classified as key worker allowing you to travel.

His “over 300 attempted migrant boat crossings” turns out to be not over 300 boats but 244 individual migrants picked up by British authorities and 77 stopped by French officials. Farage adds that “Not all migrant boats were stopped… People have just been detained moving on foot near Dungeness.” Where does he imagine the migrants will go, and what will they do? To the pub? To find work in the local shops?

When he claims to have “‘witnessed first hand our Border Force acting as a taxi service for illegal migrants”, what does he want our border services to do? Is it easier to let boats land wherever they may up the coast and then scramble to arrest the passengers as they disembark? Or meet and control them in the Channel?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Please provide an official source that states Farage is a journalist...
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Please provide an official source that states Farage is a journalist...

I don't need an official source. You post on CUK so you are a poster on a forum.

By definition if you prepare news for Radio or newspaper you are a journalist.

Neither is affected by how competent you are or how you or others describe you.

Crayons should be delivered soon if you need more help.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

CAR | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

car
                noun [ C ]

UK /kɑːr/ US /kɑːr/

A1

a roadvehicle with an engine, four wheels, and seats for a smallnumber of people:
                Do you believe that Transit vans are cars, because they have an engine, four wheels and seats for a small number of people?

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  FTFY

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
                  Contracting isn't a job, it's a state of mind

If someone wishes to identify as a contractor, who are we to disagree.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Contracting isn't a job, it's a state of mind

If someone wishes to identify as a contractor, who are we to disagree.
                    Even if it's PC?

Comment

I don't need an official source. You post on CUK so you are a poster on a forum.

By definition if you prepare news for Radio or newspaper you are a journalist.

Neither is affected by how competent you are or how you or others describe you.

Crayons should be delivered soon if you need more help.
                      I am now officially a journalist as I write the occasional article for tech magazines, websites and blogs. I am also a advertisement copywriter as I put together some of the collateral for the company I work for, I am also numerous other roles because sometimes I do tasks which are not my main role. Oh, and I'm an influencer too as I have both a YouTube channel and an Instagram account...

Comment

Working...
                      X