• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market boom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    i wondered be so presumptuous as referring to me as "mega rich", but yes, I am taking profits

Smart.

Control the emotions, take the money, find a new opportunity.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Do not day trade!!!
      I sort of agree, but I can afford to lose the money and I've only had one blip since Covid when that remdesivir video came out. I've been following about 15 shares that have yoyo'ed up and down throughout. My luckiest break was being too busy to sell last week and I got 3 or 4 up days on the bounce

A good one to day trade is Microfocus, been day trading that on and off for years.
      Last edited by rootsnall; 11 June 2020, 09:08.

Comment

Smart.

Control the emotions, take the money, find a new opportunity.
        Always been that way. No point getting emotional over what you can't control.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
          I sort of agree, but I can afford to lose the money and I've only had one blip since Covid when that remdesivir video came out. I've been following about 15 shares that have yoyo'ed up and down throughout. My luckiest break was being too busy to sell last week and I got 3 or 4 up days on the bounce

A good one to day trade is Microfocus, been day trading that on and off for years.

Also had that moment of 'I can afford to lose the money' before changing my thinking to 'how can I keep it' some years ago. A lot harder that it sounds. Keeping it, stacking it, is a lot more exciting IMO.

Good luck otherwise!
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Also had that moment of 'I can afford to lose the money' before changing my thinking to 'how can I keep it' some years ago. A lot harder that it sounds. Keeping it, stacking it, is a lot more exciting IMO.

Good luck otherwise!
            When I say 'I can afford to lose the money' I'm only dabbling a few bob in higher risk stuff. Main pension pot is in 'how can I keep it' mode and over half in cash now. I think I'm now cheering the down days as ultimately I need to buy back, sod all other options to earn an income from it.

Comment

When I say 'I can afford to lose the money' I'm only dabbling a few bob in higher risk stuff. Main pension pot is in 'how can I keep it' mode and over half in cash now. I think I'm now cheering the down days as ultimately I need to buy back, sod all other options to earn an income from it.
              This time next year you'll be pleased that you din't.

Comment

This time next year you'll be pleased that you din't.
                You'd think so but...…… a lot will depend on if we have another wave of lockdowns, but no chart is going to tell you that.

Comment

You'd think so but...…… a lot will depend on if we have another wave of lockdowns, but no chart is going to tell you that.
                  Nope, lockdowns are a distraction. Ask yourself, in perfect circumstances, Covid-19 is vanished from the earth tomorrow... do I believe things will return to the way they were this time last year?

My answer: Hell no.

The economy will take a year just to surface to the level we once knew, never mind grow onwards and upwards. And despite that loss in economic activity the stock markets are currently priced as if there has been no loss in economic activity.

The warning signs are everywhere, however it would seem people have temporarily forgotten how to read.

Comment

Nope, lockdowns are a distraction. Ask yourself, in perfect circumstances, Covid-19 is vanished from the earth tomorrow... do I believe things will return to the way they were this time last year?

My answer: Hell no.

The economy will take a year just to surface to the level we once knew, never mind grow onwards and upwards. And despite that loss in economic activity the stock markets are currently priced as if there has been no loss in economic activity.

The warning signs are everywhere, however it would seem people have temporarily forgotten how to read.
                    We all know the economy is F***ed, that bit is easy, the guessing game is where share prices will end up with all the money the central banks are pumping into the system. They are trying to create inflation and if they succeed you want to be invested not in cash.

Comment

We all know the economy is F***ed, that bit is easy, the guessing game is where share prices will end up with all the money the central banks are pumping into the system. They are trying to create inflation and if they succeed you want to be invested not in cash.
                      Also, wait until the uncertainty of Brexit is over and done with. From over here, no one is talking about 'on no the UK is crashing out'; the EU is far more consumed with domestic issues.

If anyone here thinks crashing out in six months time is not going to have a further negative impact on the market on top of the world economic conditions, they're franky deluded.

Comment

Working...
                      X