• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anthony Joshua

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anthony Joshua

Will his sponsors drop him because of his comments?

Under Armour, StubHub, Lucozade Sport, Jaguar, LYNX

apparently people should “Abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies, and invest in black-owned businesses.”

if tyson fury had said this he would be dropped like a ton of bricks
    Last edited by mrdonuts; 16 June 2020, 12:01.

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
    apparently people should “Abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies, and invest in black-owned businesses.”

if tyson fury had said these horrible things he would be dropped like a ton of bricks

What's horrible about them?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Given his last fight earned him £50m in purse money alone, I don't think he gives a tulip.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Given his last fight earned him £50m in purse money alone, I don't think he gives a tulip.
        He will once his accountant tells him how much tax is due

Comment

Horrible:
          We need to speak out in peaceful demonstrations just like today. So well done Watford, inject the vaccine.
          We must not use the demonstration for selfish motives and turn it into rioting and looting. We need to be united in non-violent demonstrations.
          Show them where it hurts, abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies, and invest in black-owned businesses.
          And that’s for all communities if you want to uplift yourselves, invest in your own businesses.
          We have to engage with the youth - I completely agree with that - and put an end to black youth gang culture.
          I’m gunna be real with you about gang culture. I’m down to riot 100 per cent but what you have to realise - it’s done. It is done, trust me.
          Unless you wanna be sitting in jail, spending years upon years of your only life that you have thinking about ‘yeah, they can lock the locks but they can’t stop the clocks’. That’s all done because there’s too much cameras, too much intelligence.
          All the OGs that I know are telling me ‘bro it’s finished, it’s finished’. Gang life is finished and that’s what we’re saying.
          I know that I’m not promoting no gangster business. I’m a legit, straight forward hustler - that’s just in my DNA and in my blood.
          But I know I’ve taken my street knowledge and put it into the corporate world and I’ve gained a lot of respect in that sense. So anyway, gang culture is done.
          So, where was I. We have to engage with the youth and put an end to black youth gang culture. This postcode war - how many houses do we own on that postcode that we’re fighting for?
          Let’s inject the vaccine. Every life matters - 100 per cent I agree with that. But that does include black lives and that’s why we’re here today.
          George Floyd - we’re all aware of his name - was the catalyst in a list that is already way, way, way too long.
          But ask yourself a question: ‘How does the looting for the latest flatscreen TV help him or his family?’
          ‘How does burning down shops and taking another life stop the virus from spreading?’
          And remember the virus we’re talking about is racism.
          Killing a person outright is unforgivable, but stripping them of their human rights, oppressing them, mocking them, insulting them, placing glass ceilings above them because of what - their skin colour - is just a slower way of killing them and taking the life out of their soul.
          We must unite as the human race and that’s what we’re doing here today.

So once again, thank you very much.
          Absolutely horrible.

Comment

Get tweeting if you're bothered.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Horrible:

Absolutely horrible.
              What lovely, selective bolding that was.

How about:
              "show them where it hurts" - nice and divisive, gives a them and us mentality.

"I’m down to riot 100 per cent" - could be taken on its own and will no doubt be taken out of context.

It wasn't a great speech. It could have been a lot better. He's done himself few favours.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

How about:

"I’m down to riot 100 per cent" - could be taken on its own and will no doubt be taken out of context.

It wasn't a great speech. It could have been a lot better. He's done himself few favours.
                Better than the verbal diarrhea spouted by donutboy...
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post

How about:

The OP edited his first post - he was the one who used the term "horrible"

Comment

Under Armour could print "No Pope of Rome, 1690" over their whole range and I would still wear it.

Comment

Working...
                    X