• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID paranoia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    Yes, shield the elderly and vulnerable and life goes on as normal cf. Sweden.

This govt's disastrous response is absolutely ruining people's lives. Mine included.
    I am not sure the Swedish response of "no lockdown" has had a better outcome. High levels of infection , to the point where other countries e.g Norway, will not allow Swedish people to travel there. Still economic disruption, as people stay home by choice, out of fear. I have not seen any reports on the impact on Swedish economic growth yet.

The Brazilian response of "no lockdown" is also being reported as high infection rates, with the US blocking travel from there. Not sure about the economic impact yet.

Certainly not seen any great outcomes from countries with no lockdown.

Comment

Sweden unlikely to feel economic benefit of no-lockdown approach | Free to read | Financial Times

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Serological testing of representative and statistically significant population, that’s how

“ That same testing sample found that approximately 5 percent of the wider UK population have antibodies, though Hancock stressed that more testing is required to paint a more accurate picture.”

UK tests reveal 17% of Londoners have COVID-19 antibodies - CGTN

You are dumber than malvolio
        Again, it's almost exclusively people with existing conditions or the elderly. People who could be supported without the rest of us putting our lives on hold. Hong Kong flu of 68/69 killed 80k in the UK alone. Do you think any special measures were put in place then? No, of course not.

What they have done and are doing to our civil liberties and to the economy is verging on the criminal. Yes, I'm probably selfish but tough sh!t. I want my life back.

Comment

Probably following the usual pattern of the media seizing the tiniest grain of bad news from Sweden and magnifying it out of all proportion. They SO want to show that the Swedish approach has failed.

Comment

And I want a Ferrari, does not mean I am getting one.

Comment

Probably following the usual pattern of the media seizing the tiniest grain of bad news from Sweden and magnifying it out of all proportion. They SO want to show that the Swedish approach has failed.
              Do you own a restaurant or just very stupid?

Comment

Do you own a restaurant or just very stupid?
                I recently set up a small travel company which I was hoping to grow into something that would become my day job so I could taper down my IT contracting work.

I don't need to tell you how well that's going at the moment.
                Last edited by Excursion UK; 17 June 2020, 23:04.

Comment

I recently set up a small travel company which I was hoping to grow into something that would become my day job so I could taper down my IT contracting work.

I don't need to tell you how well that's going at the moment.
                  So you want lots of other people to die for your small travel company to succeed, is that what you referred to as being “selfish”?

Comment

So you want lots of other people to die for your small travel company to succeed, is that what you referred to as being “selfish”?
                    Oh, don't be ridiculous.

Comment

Oh, don't be ridiculous.
                      That’s what you said - fits perfectly into your denial of reality, “want my life back”, “being selfish” - you sound 100% like one of them posters on ToryGraph comment section

Comment

Working...
                      X