• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any of you argumentative IT contractors on the list?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    I suppose if you can forgive the Germans...
    Did the Mail ever apologise for supporting Hitler and his persecution of Jews?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      I don't know Greg it was a bit before my time. As I said get over it we won.

Comment

I don't know Greg it was a bit before my time. As I said get over it we won.
        I don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande.

Comment

I don't think I'll ever be over Macho Grande.
          I know those wounds run pretty deep.

Comment

I know those wounds run pretty deep.
            True words, my hairy friend, true words.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Once again, black people are more at risk of being arrested.
              I blame AI.

https://twitter.com/nicolaskb/status...21742486917120

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                King Ai of Zhou has been dead for a number of years now, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  Once again, black people are more at risk of being arrested.

let me try and explain this.

Half the people being sought by the police in this group of CCTV extracted photos who have been filmed committing a crime are black people. I look forward to them being questioned, prosecuted and possibly jailed by an open system of checks and balances that rarely result in miscarriages of justice being uncovered.

You can prejudge the situation if you wish. I personally think they watched the CCTV, where they saw a crime being committed they took a screenshot and then are releasing the ones they can't identify.

Now there may be many reasons why there are more black people in the photos. Here are a few I can think of.

1. The Black lives matter protests had higher attendance, longer duration and a large percentage were black so there was a larger population to pick from. 0.1% of a 2,000,000 is a lot more than 1% of a 10,000.
                  2. The BLM riots coincided with opportunist looting frequently in black areas.
                  3. A large proportion of the white folk protecting the statues were not knuckle dragging Neanderthals. It was a hardcore of nutters causing the trouble and they are at every demo.
                  4. The Police had no problem going in hard and arresting a few racists its not like the Manchester Slaver or the wail would condemn them.
                  5. They probably know where the hard core racists and football hooligans live, they have been following them for years so they just pop round mob handed and give them an early morning call. see point 3.

Now if you can explain how the police are managing to pursue more black people with CCTV evidence than they do when they don't have CCTV evidence do try.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    let me try and explain this.

Half the people being sought by the police in this group of CCTV extracted photos who have been filmed committing a crime are black people. I look forward to them being questioned, prosecuted and possibly jailed by an open system of checks and balances that rarely result in miscarriages of justice being uncovered.

You can prejudge the situation if you wish. I personally think they watched the CCTV, where they saw a crime being committed they took a screenshot and then are releasing the ones they can't identify.

Now there may be many reasons why there are more black people in the photos. Here are a few I can think of.

1. The Black lives matter protests had higher attendance, longer duration and a large percentage were black so there was a larger population to pick from. 0.1% of a 2,000,000 is a lot more than 1% of a 10,000.
                    2. The BLM riots coincided with opportunist looting frequently in black areas.
                    3. A large proportion of the white folk protecting the statues were not knuckle dragging Neanderthals. It was a hardcore of nutters causing the trouble and they are at every demo.
                    4. The Police had no problem going in hard and arresting a few racists its not like the Manchester Slaver or the wail would condemn them.
                    5. They probably know where the hard core racists and football hooligans live, they have been following them for years so they just pop round mob handed and give them an early morning call. see point 3.

Now if you can explain how the police are managing to pursue more black people with CCTV evidence than they do when they don't have CCTV evidence do try.
                    You would say that with your white privilege wouldn't you?

Comment

Not to my Knowledge though this was interesting

Hitler, the Daily Mail and how Lord Rothermere showed he has learned the lessons of history - Press Gazette

The nadir of this period was a Daily Mail article headlined: “Hurrah for the blackshirts” which concluded with a direct call for young men to join Oswald’s party.In fairness to Rothermere, his support for Mosley evaporated when he saw the violence and antisemitism associated with his group. And he at least foresaw the potential threat from Germany, and campaigned for rearmament, whilst papers on the left – such as the Guardian – were critical of Hitler but opposed rearming.
                      In the late 1930s Wainewright notes that much of the UK press was guilty of soft reporting about Hitler and Nazi Germany under pressure from Prime Minister Chamberlain who urged editors not to publish anything which might anger Hitler and undermine peace efforts. The Fuhrer was apparently extraordinarily thin-skinned when it came to criticism from Fleet Street.
                      Events in Germany were not uniformly condemned in the British press until the November 1938 anti-Jewish pogroms on the Night of Broken Glass, Wainewright writes.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X