• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Katie Hopkins permanently suspended from Twitter

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    No she does. But she has used this to move to Parler.

I'm just pointing out that YOU are wrong.

This isn't "my" opinion

The Racist Trope That Won’t Die

The comedian Roseanne Barr resurrected one of the oldest and most profoundly racist slanders in American history when she referred to Valerie Jarrett, an African-American woman who served as an adviser to President Barack Obama, as the offspring of an ape.
    This depiction — promoted by slave traders, historians and practitioners of “scientific” racism — was used to justify slavery,
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 22 June 2020, 15:15.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      This isn't "my" opinion

The Racist Trope That Won’t Die

Its funny you are not interested in intentions just relying on your own prejudices!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Its funny you are not interested in intentions just relying on your own prejudices!
        I don't know, could be an unlucky co-incidence, sh*t happens. It is up to twitter, not me.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

I see so an unfortunate co-incidence that she happened to use a phrase with a racial slur in it, she could have said ox, but there you go, sh*t happens.
          I suppose it depends on the ethnicity of the person who made the threat. Although if a person threatens to rape a woman (even KH) they can't then complain about a tenuous racial slur in the response.
          Still, if it means we will read less of her mad rantings, that can only be a good thing.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            I suppose it depends on the ethnicity of the person who made the threat. Although if a person threatens to rape a woman (even KH) they can't then complain about a tenuous racial slur in the response.
            Still, if it means we will read less of her mad rantings, that can only be a good thing.

Good summary!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" is well and truly dead.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
                "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" is well and truly dead.
                It died round about the time of the Nuremberg Rallies.

Comment

Indeed since 1986:

Hate speech laws in the United Kingdom

Her twitter account was disabled, so what, that's up to twitter they can ban whoever they like.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Indeed since 1986:

Hate speech laws in the United Kingdom

Her twitter account was disabled, so what, that's up to twitter they can ban whoever they like.
                    Ground-hog day.

Comment

Ground-hog day.
                      Do you think the same about contractor UK ?

Should a pub owner be forced to allow an obnoxious git into his pub ?

Perhaps we need a new law to force people to listen to obnoxious opinions, insults and hate speech.
                      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X