• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cancelled Holidays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ravenshaw View Post
    Once again, most inneresting.
    Careful, Greenfly, you might cut yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
      Yes was getting nostalgic the other night about all those funny place one sees signposted whilst zooming down the 3-zero-3 and A30 that are never visited but are firmly lodged in the mind.

Polyphant, Broadwoodwidger and Fenny Bridges are among my favourites.

(actually, I have been to Broadwoodwidger when I got lost trying to find my way to Bratton Clovelly)
      https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/general/9311-weekend-2.htm

Big Blue Plymouth
      Banned

Ouch, Lucky there was nothing coming the other way. 3-zero-3 has been nose to tail the past few weekends, esp with Glastonbury.

Comment

Obvious threat of violence...

Comment

Who's Greenfly? Just had a squizz, no such user of that name here.

Comment

Had to cancel our trip to Iceland but not due to covid - booked it last year as wife wanted one last hols and had always wanted to see the northern lights. Unfortunately she's too ill to travel now - ironically, with everyone's trips being stopped by covid ours is being stopped due to illness. Sadly we'll probably never have a proper holiday again, but the only silver lining is we have had some amazing experiences over the years that we will never forget.

On a side note, I know the A303 well as I live just off it .....
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Had to cancel our trip to Iceland but not due to covid - booked it last year as wife wanted one last hols and had always wanted to see the northern lights. Unfortunately she's too ill to travel now - ironically, with everyone's trips being stopped by covid ours is being stopped due to illness. Sadly we'll probably never have a proper holiday again, but the only silver lining is we have had some amazing experiences over the years that we will never forget.

Comment

Make the most of whatever time you have left. <--manly!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

If you can bear another, er, bear hug...

Comment

Time to lookup Russian brides.com

Hugs anyhoo sir

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

With reference to an earlier post of yours in which you talk of cycling around Longleat, I'm going Mere.

I've lived many places by the Road to the Sun over the years including Bourton, Queen Camel and Tintinhull.

Interestingly for a part of the world more known for village green cricket, bicycling vicars and old country maids West Camel is notorious for being the location of Gems Campsite. You can read all about that here (possibly NSFW) suffice to say that reports of the goings on at that establishment get the old locals in the Mildmay Arms in a right tizzy.

Always fancied popping up there myself. Just for a look, mind you.
                      Last edited by Excursion UK; 22 June 2020, 21:35.

Comment

Working...
                      X