• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Strange GDPR Request

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 months to go before this EU sheet will hopefully be repealed

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      6 months to go before this EU sheet will hopefully be repealed
      GDPR that, suckers.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I guess you also need to remember in the subsequent response (if there is one) to mention the GDPR request with the appropriate data sent and confirmation that you've deleted it from all systems. I mention that as it's the obvious thing you most people would miss out.
        That's what I thought: send GDPR request including PII, get told "We have nothing about you", then report them because they have the PII you provided in the original GDPR request but said they didn't have any

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          That's what I thought: send GDPR request including PII, get told "We have nothing about you", then report them because they have the PII you provided in the original GDPR request but said they didn't have any
          Gödel would say that the company would be compliant in this scenario, because you hadn't sent a meta-GDPR request.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

You can retain information for the purposes of providing information.

So you can record John Doe made a request.

One assumes you can then say your policy is to delete request verification information if no confidential information is found to avoid storing confidential information. Pop that in your reply.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There's a github for the text. data/access-tracking.txt at master . datenanfragen/data . GitHub

Probably some idiot has done a mail merge.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've received the exact same message today, I know it's a template but the wording is identical, even some phrases which I haven't found in any of the templates, like "Thanks: for your support!". Seems spammy to me, it's from a gmail address. I was planning to ignore it but I'm not sure.

I've found this thread from googling some of the message content.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                  There's a github for the text. data/access-tracking.txt at master . datenanfragen/data . GitHub

Probably some idiot has done a GDPR infringing mail spam.
                  FTFY

Comment

Counter it with GDPR demand for source they used to get your contact info

Comment

Working...
                    X