• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VAT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I don't think it was to save punters money, but to save companies from going under
    FTFY
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

I'm surprsied anyone is passing the VAT savings on to non VAT-registered customers.

A token price reduction I suppose is good advertising while allowing the company to keep most of the cash.

The worry would be when VAT is reverted, everyone puts prices up 20% "because of VAT".
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Meal subsidy from next month should really increase margins, pretty stupid trying to pocket some VAT, will just piss off customers

Comment

Most customers don't have any clue what VAT is.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Most customers don't have any clue what VAT is.
            They do now

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              If those fookers wanted to give businesses extra margin they could have just done VAT refund instead of pittining businesses against their customers demanding full pass on
              If it gets to social media, I'm sure the Daves and Karens will pick up on it. They're already virus and racial equality experts, economics and maths shouldn't be beyond them. They can then have a high six after their campaign succeeds.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                “ McDonald’s is cutting 20p off the cost of a Big Mac and 40p off a Happy Meal at most of its restaurants, while Nando's is lowering the price of a quarter Peri-Peri chicken from £4.25 to £3.70.

However, many of the price reductions are significantly smaller than the reduction in VAT, which has been cut from 20 per cent to 5 per cent, and many hospitality businesses have yet to announce price cuts at all.”

VAT cut: Big chains reduce prices — but not all go the whole hog | News | The Times

Where is the Mor On who advocated virtues of VAT cuts?
                We live in a high tax low margin economy, so companies will take every opportunity to increase their margins if it won't affect sales.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                  We live in a high tax low margin economy, so companies will take every opportunity to increase their margins if it won't affect sales.
                  You ain't seen nothing yet, trust me on that.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    You ain't seen nothing yet, trust me on that.
                    I wouldn't be surprised if one day we will get government issued debit cards with daily allowance and all salary you make (there will be no contracts) will go to HMRC. I think at one time HMRC actually had plans to implement this.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
                      Yes, Gricer, obviously - that’s why publicly cutting VAT is Mor Onic move

Comment

Working...
                      X