• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shamima begum DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    You're Goddamn Right!

Take off & nuke the site from orbit, it's the Only Way To Be Sure!
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      I've changed my mind on this a few times. It wouldn't bother me if a bomb dropped on her right now, she is the lowest.

But it's our responsibility to take her back, investigate her crimes and convict her. The cost would be enormous and the chances of finding evidence that could stand up in front of a jury are slim. She would likely go free. She would require constant monitoring at enormous cost for her own protection and to stop her or any more sprogs she might pop out becoming radicalised. The state would have to look after her financially probably for the rest of her life.

But it's our responsibility as a tolerant law abiding society. We can't complain that groups are illegally toppling statues and should be arrested and made to pay for illegal acts, when the state decides arbitrarily to break the law because it suits public opinion.
      There is a cost to the rule of law.

Comment

On the one hand this is somebody who routinely saw the severed heads of infidels without batting an eyelid which suggests irreparable damaged goods to me.

On the other hand this is someone who was 15 at the time of joining daesh and somebody who has lost a 3 of her children so one can't help feeling a degree of sympathy as a result.

Comment

She was born in the UK and her only nationality is British.

It’s not right to make her stateless. She is our responsibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum
          http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
            On the one hand this is somebody who routinely saw the severed heads of infidels without batting an eyelid which suggests irreparable damaged goods to me.

On the other hand this is someone who was 15 at the time of joining daesh and somebody who has lost a 3 of her children so one can't help feeling a degree of sympathy as a result.
            Extreme cases make bad law.

We need to deal with her properly within our laws.

Then if we can convince Bangladesh (or any other nation that wants her for trial) not to torture or give her the death penalty once she is released, we may be able to deport her. We have got rid of other people that way.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's outrageous that some Home Office fookwit can strip person of their British Citizenship for anything other than false info provided to gain it (if it wasnot acquired by birth).

Especially crazy when the person stripped has not even got other citizenship - only potential to claim it elsewhere, what a load of crap - obviously all done for narrow political purposes.

If Govt can do that, how can you trust them to decide who gets whacked in a drone strike?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                Shamima Begum renounced her UK citizenship and burnt her passport in public when she joined IS.
                She was a child ..... I'm guessing not many of us want to be judged as adults by what we said/did as a child. I agree she needs to answer for what she has done, but she was 15/16 when she was radicalised and, let's face it, if we were not talking about ISIS we'd probably be saying the way she was treated was close to child abuse.
                Last edited by Whorty; 16 July 2020, 12:36.
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

could she have not died in a friendly fire ,just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    She was a child ..... I'm guessing not many of us want to be judged as adults by what we said/did as a child. I agree she needs to answer for what she has done, but she was 15/16 when she was radicalised and, let's face it, if we were not talking about ISIS we'd probably be saying the way she was treated was close to child abuse.
                    Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    could she have not died in a friendly fire, just wondering
                    There has to be a balance between her rights and the safety and security of the people of the UK. She is a 20yo. The court in its decision has acknowledged that she is a security risk but has put her rights above this. I have no doubt that she will be allowed to stay and I have no doubt that it will not be the last trouble she gets up to.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

it was fairly obvious that removing her citizenship was going to fail in court. As someone said she is our own home grown idiot.

Now if her parents where here illegally so she wasn't legally entitled to citizenship then that would have done nicely.

She may have been a child but she was over 10 so she could be found guilty of it. Also she hasn't rejected IS as an adult.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X