• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2nd wave is coming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Plenty of social distancing. People of all ages respecting the rules although I will admit that there were a couple who would sometimes not wear a mask on public transport or get to close to you
    Some people cannot wear masks for health reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by elsergiovolador View Post
      Some, but not many and unlikely that a couple would both have the same health reasons for not wearing a mask.

I have bad asthma, the mask is not comfortable for me, but still I wear it in shops out of respect for others - even though our village and surrounds have had no confirmed cases of the virus since the outbreak started.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

No these were just idiots. There is a group called 'Querdenker' in Germany who are against various things, i.e. anti-vaxxers, facemasks, etc. who are the main culprits and then there are just idiots

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Some, but not many and unlikely that a couple would both have the same health reasons for not wearing a mask.

I have bad asthma, the mask is not comfortable for me, but still I wear it in shops out of respect for others - even though our village and surrounds have had no confirmed cases of the virus since the outbreak started.
        Sorry, by couple I meant a few people but very few. From looking at them you can see that they're either thinking that they're being 'big' by not wearing a mask, care in the community types or under the age of 5.

I've been wearing a mask since they opened up here and yes, it is uncomfortable but you don't have to wear it for extended periods of times (I feel sorry for those who do) so it ain't going to hurt.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Reminds me of the time I spent in Milton Keynes for a client - never again. Then somehow I managed to visit Derby afterwards.. that was one year I could happily forget. Such a lack of investment everywhere you look. Except for London of course.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

If someone has a medical condition such that they cannot wear a mask, should they even be going out to the shops etc. at all?
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

They should may it law. End the confusion.

I find it difficult to breath wearing my MundSchutz, especially on hot days. So I limit the time I'm in the shop.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 19 July 2020, 10:23.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                Reminds me of the time I spent in Milton Keynes for a client - never again. Then somehow I managed to visit Derby afterwards.. that was one year I could happily forget. Such a lack of investment everywhere you look. Except for London of course.
                I went to Milton Keynes once to give a training course, while outside having a smoke break I watched a traffic warden give my German registered and number plated car a ticket for not having a tax disc....
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  If someone has a medical condition such that they cannot wear a mask, should they even be going out to the shops etc. at all?
                  Autism?

Not all reasons for not wearing a mask are respiratory.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    They should may it law. End the confusion.

I find it difficult to breath wearing my MundSchutz, especially on hot days. So I limit the time I'm in the shop.
                    Looking good Scooty

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                      Autism?

Not all reasons for not wearing a mask are respiratory.
                      Fair point.
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X