• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

teachers getting a pay rise -- thanks for nothing :laugh:laugh:laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Already on it!

They look like an infection risk. Have you installed a perspex barrier behind the front seats?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      As per the link above child care is frequently government funded by the free 30 hours which pays £4.08 an hour from THE GOVERNMENT. That is about 1.50 an hour below outer London costs for child care.

Care workers are frequently indirectly paid by the government. But the private sector subsidise them.

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

cant share but you get to pay >£100/week to fund Government care home occupants.

Same for home care.
      Although the government said this:

The government is coming under fire this morning for the decision not to give care workers a pay rise, after it announced a pay increase for almost a million public sector workers workers.

Policing minister Kit Malthouse told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that social care workers would have to rely on increases in the minimum wage to improve their pay.

Malthouse said:

The vast majority of social care workers are paid in the private sector so our ability to influence pay rates there is limited.

He said that - apart from “nationalising the entire thing” - the minimum wage rate was the best tool the Government had to recognise the efforts of care workers.

Everybody looks at people who work in social care during coronavirus and thinks they have done a fantastic job in very, very difficult circumstances. But [the minimum wage increase is] the mechanism by which we think we can increase pay in that sector.
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
        Although the government said this:

Well they could easily raise the 30 hours funding, that is totally under their control.

They could also pay more for care and as 56% of care home residents are funded by the Government, Council or NHS they could ask the supplies to up the wages as part of the supply agreement.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Probably my local GP who locked down the surgery for fear of Covid-19 who earns about £200K p.a. Whilst front line nurses earning £30K pa facing Covid-19 get feck all. Sounds about right.
          Maybe you could give some money to nurses yourself if you are so moved by their plight?

Real ones, not the 'nurses' several people on CUK give money to when working away...
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            Well they could easily raise the 30 hours funding, that is totally under their control.

They could also pay more for care and as 56% of care home residents are funded by the Government, Council or NHS they could ask the supplies to up the wages as part of the supply agreement.
            Yeah right....
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

look everyone old trotskys dressed up as a bear, its the only way he can get a sniff these days

Black bear approaches VERY CALM hikers who stand still before it wanders away in Mexico | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                Maybe you could give some money to nurses yourself if you are so moved by their plight?

Real ones, not the 'nurses' several people on CUK give money to when working away...
                I'm a permie, I already give over almost everything I earn to the plight of others through PAYE thanks.

The rest goes to the ex-wife.

What's left pays for a sleeping bag and a doorway.

Comment

I'm a permie, I already give over almost everything I earn to the plight of others through PAYE thanks.

The rest goes to the ex-wife.

What's left pays for a sleeping bag and a doorway.
                  get a proper contract you workshy git

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Because that's not a great way of addressing inadequate pay.

Comment

Originally posted by mrdonuts View Post
                      Chancellor announces inflation-busting pay rise for almost a million public sector workers | Daily Mail Online

Almost 900,000 public sector workers are in line for an inflation-busting 'coronavirus payrise' - including thousands of teachers

the teachers dont deserve this
                      Hi Mr D

My sister-in-law is a teacher. Got a face like a slapped ass and I don't want her getting any more manny

Can't speak for the rest of the teaching profession though.
                      Last edited by Excursion UK; 21 July 2020, 22:14.

Comment

Working...
                      X