• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not a weapons expert but that looks a lot like a real firearm.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    I agree no one got hurt, but if you're black in London you're singled out constantly and treated differently purely because of skin colour. 99 times out of 100 what happens to them doesn't 'hurt' them physically, but that's not the point. Would a white child have been treated the same? Would the Met have searched the house if this were a white family?

I don't disagree that if the toy looks real, in this day and age it's probably not a suitable toy. But there are so many ways to deal with the situation without triggering another case of the Met treating a black kid badly. It could even be the case that this has scared the kid and he now no longer trusts the Met - that's not a good thing. The Met needs to change else we'll never get out of this same cycle. It's really not rocket science.

You know I have been stopped multiple times? I am white. Frequently I was doing something in the situation that looked suspicious. The Police explained what was happening and I peacefully complied. I even got stopped when I was aged 14 out delivering leaflets for a village fete.

The response in this case is "its because I'm black" not because I am stupid because my 12 year old boy was running round with what looks a lot like a Glock 19.

What if they had agreed the weapon that wasn't a toy was acceptable - you have to be 18 to possess it. Then another weapon turned up in the house? They had to search.

The Parents need to change if the Police are going to stop their kids turning up in bodybags.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      You know I have been stopped multiple times? I am white. Frequently I was doing something in the situation that looked suspicious.
      Well, to be fair having blood all over you and carrying an axe openly can do that - the police had to check that you are white before letting you go.

Comment

A 3d printed real bullet (.22lr) shooting 'plastic body glok' in a different purple'n'black colour scheme:

Download the plans and 3d print one for free in your own home tonight ... just joking ... DON'T as you'll get raided and locked up

"In the United Kingdom, the Firearms Act 1968 bans the manufacturing of guns and gun parts without government approval. Hence, 3D printed weapons are de facto banned because the law bans all manufacturing, regardless of method. However, the Home Office updated its Guide on Firearms Licensing Law to specifically mention the ban on 3D printed weapons. In 2013, a police raid on a Manchester gang resulted in seizures in what are believed to be 3D printed gun parts. The Greater Manchester police believe they found a trigger and a magazine along with a quantity of gunpowder."

"London student convicted for making gun using 3D printer
        Tendai Muswere said he had printed firearm for ‘dystopian film’ for university project.
        Muswere claimed he was unaware the weapon he had printed was capable of firing. A subsequent police search of Muswere’s browsing history revealed he had watched videos demonstrating how to manufacture a firearm capable of firing live ammunition using a 3D printer." - Wed 19 Jun 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SunnyInHades View Post
          A 3d printed real bullet (.22lr) shooting 'plastic body glok' in a different purple'n'black colour scheme:

Download the plans and 3d print one for free in your own home tonight ... just joking ... DON'T as you'll get raided and locked up

"In the United Kingdom, the Firearms Act 1968 bans the manufacturing of guns and gun parts without government approval. Hence, 3D printed weapons are de facto banned because the law bans all manufacturing, regardless of method. However, the Home Office updated its Guide on Firearms Licensing Law to specifically mention the ban on 3D printed weapons. In 2013, a police raid on a Manchester gang resulted in seizures in what are believed to be 3D printed gun parts. The Greater Manchester police believe they found a trigger and a magazine along with a quantity of gunpowder."

"London student convicted for making gun using 3D printer
          Tendai Muswere said he had printed firearm for ‘dystopian film’ for university project.

Muswere claimed he was unaware the weapon he had printed was capable of firing. A subsequent police search of Muswere’s browsing history revealed he had watched videos demonstrating how to manufacture a firearm capable of firing live ammunition using a 3D printer." - Wed 19 Jun 2019

is it because he isn't white that the filth raided? Diane Abbot would expect them to bring tea & biscuits?

Comment

14 things that kill more people than sharks

Toddlers kill more people than sharks, so im glad the police are taking this seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
              14 things that kill more people than sharks

Toddlers kill more people than sharks, so im glad the police are taking this seriously.
              21 people, including both adults and children, die each year from toddlers wielding a gun they may have found in their parents’ mysteriously unlocked cabinet.
              positively Darwinian hopefully whoever brings them up will be brighter than the parents who left their gun locker unlocked.

Comment

Working...
              X