• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face covering recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    The entire point of face coverings is to protect others from your saliva as much as possible. They aren't to protect you. It is considered bad manners not to wear one in East Asian countries in the cold and flu season when you are near others.
    So don't get near others! If you're close enough to me to need to wear a mask then you'd better be my fcuking surgeon!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        Of course you do. Why? Because you're a clueless fuqwit.

In fact I'd venture that you wear a facemask when you're driving - alone.
        Forgive him Lord, he knows not what he says.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
          Respirators (very effective)
          Only certified N95, FFP2 or FFP3 respirators are effective at blocking Covid.
          These respirators are obviously in high demand and extremely hard to get by general public as supplies are usually restricted to NHS staff only.
          If you manage to find such respirators online (eg Amazon) they are most likely fake.

Surgical masks (somewhat effective)
          Much less effective than respirators but much better than nothing. You need to make sure they are certified for medical use.
          As with respirators, Amazon is flooded with coverings that resemble surgical masks but most are fake and completely ineffective.
          Look for small print like the following:
          This is general use face mask. The mask is not intended for medical use, and not proven to reduce the transmission of disease.

Other types
          Effectiveness of other types of face coverings has not been proven. In my opinion dust masks and similar are most likely completely ineffective against Covid. Coronavirus/SARS/Influenza particles are extremely small (0.1 μm). That's 10-1000x smaller than dust particles (1-100 μm).

Obviously I'm not a doctor so do your own research or consult a professional.
          Some masks and N95 masks, and even some cloth masks, have one-way valves that make them easier to breathe through. But because the valve releases unfiltered air when the wearer breathes out, this type of mask doesn't prevent the wearer from spreading the virus. For this reason, some places have banned them.
          "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            have barely been off the estate since March!
            Well, indeed. Why risk it when Jeeves can risk it for you?

Comment

Of course you do. Why? Because you're a clueless fuqwit.

In fact I'd venture that you wear a facemask when you're driving - alone.
              Why get so triggered by someone else wearing a mask in their own car, or anywhere else for that matter? It's not harming you or impacting your life, so why so angry?
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

So don't get near others! If you're close enough to me to need to wear a mask then you'd better be my fcuking surgeon!
                I don't.

However then again I am not a shop assistant, bus driver, ticket officer, police officer etc working with members of the public.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  I don't.

However then again I am not a shop assistant, bus driver, ticket officer, police officer etc working with members of the public.
                  Are you saying you don't wear a uniform in your job? #AskingForAFriend

Ziggy has been against masks ever since he was kicked out of the Gimp convention for being too weird
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    can I suggest for you two bags, one to cover your face, and another just in case the first slips off?

Maybe make them plastic so they are more durable?
                    I'd prefer to know this is proven - can you test it out for a few minutes and let me know?

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    Well, indeed. Why risk it when Jeeves can risk it for you?
                    Sadly, can't send Jeeves to the pub for me. Well I can, but he just comes back pissed.

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    Why get so triggered by someone else wearing a mask in their own car, or anywhere else for that matter? It's not harming you or impacting your life, so why so angry?
                    He could wear a mask made out of sliced ham, perhaps.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I used a scarf-thing this weekend BTW, including in my own vehicle. But I was giving a lift to someone outside my household.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X