• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face covering recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Tesco Bag for Life. Use Duck Tape to secure it and it will work as advertised, lasting you for the rest of your life.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Went to the sauna earlier. In a 95°C sauna, there were a few people wearing facemasks.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm using a bandanna- just need a Harley to go with it
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          Some masks and N95 masks, and even some cloth masks, have one-way valves that make them easier to breathe through. But because the valve releases unfiltered air when the wearer breathes out, this type of mask doesn't prevent the wearer from spreading the virus. For this reason, some places have banned them.
          Just put cheap mask over yer N99 - sorteeed!

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
            Respirators (very effective)
            Only certified N95, FFP2 or FFP3 respirators are effective at blocking Covid.
            These respirators are obviously in high demand and extremely hard to get by general public as supplies are usually restricted to NHS staff only.
            If you manage to find such respirators online (eg Amazon) they are most likely fake.

Surgical masks (somewhat effective)
            Much less effective than respirators but much better than nothing. You need to make sure they are certified for medical use.
            As with respirators, Amazon is flooded with coverings that resemble surgical masks but most are fake and completely ineffective.
            Look for small print like the following:
            This is general use face mask. The mask is not intended for medical use, and not proven to reduce the transmission of disease.

Other types
            Effectiveness of other types of face coverings has not been proven. In my opinion dust masks and similar are most likely completely ineffective against Covid. Coronavirus/SARS/Influenza particles are extremely small (0.1 μm). That's 10-1000x smaller than dust particles (1-100 μm).

Obviously I'm not a doctor so do your own research or consult a professional.
            I can get you 5,000,000 FPP3 masks @ £0.25 each. These are not fakes.
            I cannot split the consignment.
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
              Are you saying you don't wear a uniform in your job? #AskingForAFriend

Ziggy has been against masks ever since he was kicked out of the Gimp convention for being too weird
              I'll bet you're the one who blackballed me!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                A Tesco Bag for Life. Use Duck Tape to secure it and it will work as advertised, lasting you for the rest of your life.
                You are not supposed to use face coverings that totally obscure your face. Fail. Unless they do a transparent bag for life?
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

When the Mail next publishes an article blaming the inevitable Covid spike on irresponsible members of the public flouting health guidelines, worth remembering that a number of the paper's most prominent columnists have taken anti-lockdown and anti-face mask stances which will have undoubtedly had some level of influence on public behaviour.

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    When the Mail next publishes an article blaming the inevitable Covid spike on irresponsible members of the public flouting health guidelines, worth remembering that a number of the paper's most prominent columnists have taken anti-lockdown and anti-face mask stances which will have undoubtedly had some level of influence on public behaviour.

Being married to Michael Gove is a pretty low bar for having had a good life. Death by Covid would be a mercy.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Being married to Michael Gove is a pretty low bar for having had a good life. Death by Covid would be a mercy.
                      She was on anti-depressants SARAH VINE was given antidepressants to cope with her ‘black dog’ | Daily Mail Online
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X