• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed!

Dropped a contact a note a month ago saying I was looking for a change. Had a 15 minute phone interview and was offered a permie role they created for me. Interesting enough but we couldn't make the money work.

Then they asked if I would do a contract via their Big 4 supplier. I asked if they had a supplier on their list who would take a smaller margin, they found one and the gig is mine. Daily rate is 25% more than current rate and 15% more than previous highest.

Nicely
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Daily rate is 25% more than current rate and 15% more than previous highest.
      In that case, have five bananas rather than four.

Comment

Daily rate is 25% more than current rate and 15% more than previous highest.

It's a shame you didn't get the perm role, would be good to get some of that furloughed money come the winter lockdown.

Comment

Well don!

Comment

Comment

qh
              He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

That calls for a 25% larger banana I think....

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thank you all for you kind words and bananas. I did spend a frustrating fortnight refusing to budge on rate while they told me both that my rate is way over the going rate and that the Big 4 Co would charge more than twice as much for someone not nearly as good.

Comment

Thank you all for you kind words and bananas. I did spend a frustrating fortnight refusing to budge on rate while they told me both that my rate is way over the going rate and that the Big 4 Co would charge more than twice as much for someone not nearly as good.

the crayons worked in the end?
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X