• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

eek

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Oh great. That's all we need. Another tax avoiding paranoid whiner... Pay attention to this folly. You have safe space where only helpful people may post, not those who will use invective that precedes this. Be aware that many people are not on your side and in General, they've carte blanche to express themselves. I personally hope you defeat this.

But wind your neck in.
    Pah. The loan charge is character building.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Pah. The loan charge is character building.
      I suspect for a lot of the people who joined a scheme the loan charge is a great warm up for the main event..
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I suspect for a lot of the people who joined a scheme the loan charge is a great warm up for the main event..
        I have a lot of sympathy for this view. I do not think that we've seen the worst of the fall-out from these schemes yet. Good luck to those that were involved, but the writing was on the wall from a very early stage for those that cared to look.
        ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
        Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          1) I have no idea what wadr means.
          Apparently "with all due respect"

Or, West African Democracy Radio.

Not sure which in this case...

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I have full sympathy for the financially uneducated who truly "fell" for these schemes, some of whom were told (apparently) that they had to go via certain umbrella/schemes in order to get the "job", but its hard to feel any such sympathy for those who just listened to what they wanted to hear when they signed up for the scheme, and are now doing the same (and worse, attacking the messengers) when some very pertinent risks are being pointed out to them.

Reading that thread is a very interesting study on human nature, although it does also have a bit of a that guilty rubber-necking feel about it too.
            Last edited by Paralytic; 19 August 2020, 07:59.

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
              I have a lot of sympathy for this view. I do not think that we've seen the worst of the fall-out from these schemes yet. Good luck to those that were involved, but the writing was on the wall from a very early stage for those that cared to look.
              The writing was on the wall before they joined the scheme - especially as IoM trust law is virtually unintelligible and most people don't understand how loan repayments work...

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                I have full sympathy for the financially uneducated who truly "fell" for these schemes, some of whom were told (apparently) that they had to go via certain umbrella/schemes in order to get the "job", but its hard to feel any such sympathy for those who just listened to what they wanted to hear when they signed up for the scheme, and are now doing the same (and worse, attacking the messengers) when being some very pertinent risks are being pointed out to them.

Reading that thread is a very interesting study on human nature, although it does also have a bit of a that guilty rubber-necking feel about it too.
                Imagine my realisation on Saturday night of what the actual plan was and how well the banned poster had intentionally been pointing people in completely the wrong direction towards a company who may have said enough to make the loan valid..
                Last edited by eek; 19 August 2020, 08:19.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                  National Service to the Motherland. You came to this country as a deserter.
                  Idiot
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

National Service to the Motherland. You came to this country as a deserter.
                    Sounds like an excellent idea to me.

If I was a septic I'd have hopped it to Canada as fast as possible.

Hey Hey LBJ & all that, man.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

National Service to the Motherland. You came to this country as a draft dodger.
                      FTFY
                      he'd have to already be in the armed forces to be a deserter.

Comment

Working...
                      X