• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Economic Sanctions against the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Those objectives being to maintain the UK as a client state, subject to all EU laws and with no say in them.

No thanks!

Wrong part of the forum - if you want a rant about B go here https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/brexit/

You can rant about the feckwit PM and leader of the Conservative and Unionist Party here though.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Those objectives being to maintain the UK as a client state, subject to all EU laws and with no say in them.

No thanks!

Comment

Oh dear the Democrats in the US are kicking off

Brexit: ‘Absolutely no chance’ of US-UK trade deal passing Congress if Boris Johnson damages Good Friday Agreement, Pelosi warns | The Independent

Nancy Pelosi has warned the UK there will be "absolutely no chance" of a trade deal with Washington passing Congress should the government override the Brexit withdrawal agreement signed by Boris Johnson.

The Democratic speaker of the House of Representatives said Brexit could not be allowed to “imperil” the Good Friday Agreement - brokered to establish peace in Northern Ireland after years of sectarian conflict.

It comes after Mr Johnson unveiled plans to override key elements of the Brexit deal with the EU regarding Northern Ireland.

In a statement on Wednesday Ms Pelosi said: "The Good Friday Agreement is the bedrock of peace in Northern Ireland and an inspiration for the whole world.

"Whatever form it takes, Brexit cannot be allowed to imperil the Good Friday Agreement, including the stability brought by the invisible and frictionless border between the Irish Republic and Northern Ireland.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

This is all an act by the Tories to enrage their supporters against the EU. Then, when Brexit goes t1ts up, as it will, the Tories can again blame the evil EU. The Tories know that they are cornered so this is their last gasp effort to turn the public against the EU.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Yeah, but if the US kick off again, even the dimmest might begin to understand how misled they've been. Except for...
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

No thanks!
              Our leaders, who people then re-voted back in with a majority, signed this legally binding agreement. No one forced them to as they had a majority. They whipped their MPs to support the WA. If you want to get mad with someone, try Bojo and his Eton pals

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Our leaders, who people then re-voted back in with a majority, signed this legally binding agreement. No one forced them to as they had a majority. They whipped their MPs to support the WA. If you want to get mad with someone, try Bojo and his Eton pals
                You're missing the point. For gammony cretins like Owly, it's always someone else's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  You're missing the point. For gammony cretins like Owly, it's always someone else's fault.
                  It is someone else's fault - Bojo and his Eton pals Oh yeah, and the gullible idiots who voted for them

As I've said before ... no one who voted for the Tories have a right to complain. We said this would happen, and they still voted for them so there is no excuse. They need to own their decision to put the Tories into power.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    It is someone else's fault - Bojo and his Eton pals Oh yeah, and the gullible idiots who voted for them

As I've said before ... no one who voted for the Tories have a right to complain. We said this would happen, and they still voted for them so there is no excuse. They need to own their decision to put the Tories into power.
                    Well yeh, but don't forget the only other option at the time was that lunatic Hugo Chavez admirer Corbyn. A dead spider would have been a better option than that. Doubt EU issue was the main driver of the Tory vote.

Not as though Germy Carbuncle was a huge EU fan anyway.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

PS Why is this thread not in the boring Brexit forum?
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X