2nd Wave - where are all the deaths then? 2nd Wave - where are all the deaths then? - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 124

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by d000hg View Post
    1)Deaths lag infections by several weeks
    2)2nd wave is what we're trying to avoid with current measures

Saying we don't need lockdown because we aren't getting lots of deaths is like saying we shouldn't bother with anti-rabies border precautions because nobody gets rabies in the UK.
    Taking precautions at the border does not cause people to miss out on cancer treatment or top themselves.....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    I don't know anyone whos died from Covid apart from fella in offices mother who was 85 and in advanced stage dementia anyway.
    And this is the crux of people swarming outside pubs, etc. Not educated enough to understand things.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

d000hg - scorchio!

Taking precautions at the border does not cause people to miss out on cancer treatment or top themselves.....
    Treatments were stopped because hospitals were overrun with people who were genuinely dying of Covid. People I know are having operations and treatments again now.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

I'm not saying its not been a real tough time and so sad that many people have died....

I just think we as a country are neglecting everything else now. I don't know anyone whos died from Covid apart from fella in offices mother who was 85 and in advanced stage dementia anyway.
    I did hear about someone I was in school with who lost his job recently, topped himself. And I know someone who recently died of cancer - no treatments available.

Of course, I'd be gutted if a family member had it. Everyones got a different perspective. You can imagine what the familes of the two mentioned above are.
    If the country was neglecting everything else, schools would be closed.
    Schools are not closed.
    Therefore you are talking bollocks.

HTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

Double Godlike!

oracleslave 's job has never been outsourced

Just when you think pooperscooter has Village Idiot of the year all sewn up, PS makes a desperate bid to snatch victory.

More time posting than coding

jayn200 has more data than eek

I'm not saying its not been a real tough time and so sad that many people have died....

I just think we as a country are neglecting everything else now. I don't know anyone whos died from Covid apart from fella in offices mother who was 85 and in advanced stage dementia anyway.
    I did hear about someone I was in school with who lost his job recently, topped himself. And I know someone who recently died of cancer - no treatments available.

Of course, I'd be gutted if a family member had it. Everyones got a different perspective. You can imagine what the familes of the two mentioned above are.
    Yeah I think they really mishandled this from a medical and health perspective more than economic.

Its quite crazy.. people literally dying from cancer and other serious medical conditions being told they can't have life saving surgery and treatments (this has mostly but not entirely resumed). Even still there is almost no nhs screening right now. Almost every nhs gp is doing 100% remote appointments. Thankfully you have the option of going private in this country but I feel really sorry for the poor people who can't afford it.

Double Godlike!

BR14 is always on top

like i said, - Twat!
    /thread
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by oracleslave View Post
    Just when you think pooperscooter has Village Idiot of the year all sewn up, PS makes a desperate bid to snatch victory.
    The really stupid think about Covidiots like PS is that there argument boils down to:

There aren't many deaths so they should stop doing the things that are stopping there being many deaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    I admit that I'm a lazy lying cretin, but so what?
    25 June 2018

d000hg - scorchio!

Also, deaths ARE starting to pick up. 70 per day the last couple of days

TykeLike

SimonMac is always on top

I call bulltulip.....

2nd wave was what the media, government and public wanted. Its all a load of bollacks now.
    More people dying of other things caused by "covid paranoia" now.

Time to end lockdown....;
    6000 cases today is not the same as 6000 cases in March as we are testing 250,000 a day rather then 16,000

A better metric is hospital admissions which at the moment are holding steady but will rise as the tail catches up with the head!
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”

― Marcus Aurelius