• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

complaining to Sky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    It's clearly a lie they don't know who the installer is... they have to know for Covid reasons apart from anything else.

It's a shame he didn't ring you en route to say he was nearly there, then you'd have his number.
    He did ring the night before but it came through as Private No, every other Sky person I've had used a mobile. It's possible they don't know, as someone else said, the Call Centre is outsourced, and the installing side is probably outsourced to a completely different Co.

Comment

Tell the call-centre you've got Covid I bet they'd find out who it was.

Are you certain nothing else is missing BTW?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        Run a Twitter campaign
        Picket outside their headquarters
        Call the media
        Write to your MP
        Pay for a 30 second advert on Sky One to voice your complaint
        I think the best approach is something like this at Sky HQ

Man uses digger to destroy reception of Travelodge hotel – video | UK news | The Guardian
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          I got my summer holiday car rental (cancelled due to Covid) refund back in days after doing this.

And it felt like a real long-shot emailing the Sky CEO
          Worked for me when I emailed the CEO of BT Didn't reply personally, but only took about 1/2 hour before their assistant called me to help out. He then had to deal with the Indian call centre on my behalf ... even he found it painful but it saved me time

Great service in the end, but really shouldn't need to do it to get something to happen.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            one trick I've used in the past, and it works an absolute treat, is to get the email address of someone high in the Org and send them a personal email. I did this with BT when having issues with them and my problem was sorted straight away. Wife has done the same with Sainsbury's

Could be CEO, Head of Ops etc .... definitely worth a try if you know (can guess) their email address.
            I think in most large consumer organisations, there is at least one person in a complaints team who manages complaints that have been sent to VIPs like Directors. In one that I worked in they typically got a quicker response than standard complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Tell the call-centre you've got Covid I bet they'd find out who it was.

Are you certain nothing else is missing BTW?
              I got a call back from Sky. They have finally spoken to the engineer and he says he hasn't taken anything accidently or otherwise. I need to do a police report to take it further. I'm wondering why he would nick something that would get £20 tops with it's box and remote ( that we still have ). It doesn't make sense

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
                I got a call back from Sky. They have finally spoken to the engineer and he says he hasn't taken anything accidently or otherwise. I need to do a police report to take it further. I'm wondering why he would nick something that would get £20 tops with it's box and remote ( that we still have ). It doesn't make sense
                The same reason people nick low value items from supermarkets when they can clearly afford to buy them.

Report him to the police.

As I said if he's stupid enough to keep nicking stuff he will eventually end up in tulip.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  The same reason people nick low value items from supermarkets when they can clearly afford to buy them.

Report him to the police.

As I said if he's stupid enough to keep nicking stuff he will eventually end up in tulip.
                  I've finally worked out why the boxes have a value, they can be programmed to sell with illegal Sky, BT etc

Comment

Just to close off this thread !!!! Feeling very foolish. The bloke from Sky didn't nick anything, don't listen to your kids and don't be an idiot and jump to conclusions

Just ringing up to apologise.

Comment

you mean your own kids stole them?

Comment

Working...
                      X