• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lock down or give up?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
    Ditto with T1. It's probably only a matter of time before they'll be T2.
    What even Cornwall?

Need to get the police and army to man the roads in.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Right so you shouldn't visit your family who help you out or need help?

Odd that older children and young adults can hang round in groups of up to 350....
      AVoid contact with people you don't need to be in contact with. Take cautions when you do.

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
      Except that's not "the rules" - there are currently at least 4 or 5 variations of "lockdown" in various parts of the country.

I can go to the pub, but I can't go to somebody elses house.
      I don't need to know the rules around the country, only where I live. So do you. And regardless, it's not about "what can I do" it's about "what do I need to do".

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The "lockdown now" types are generally people that think the entire country can do what they have done and work from their spare bedroom on their macbook pro.
      Nope, it'll be awful. But arguably worth it. Possibly less pain overall than the current mess where the virus is rampant, and everyone is miserable. FWIW tradesmen etc were NEVER prevented from working during the national lockdown and it still worked. If you NEED to be working in close proximity to others, there are ways to minimise risk.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        Maybe we should have a referendum to decide the way forward.
        ~48% of the UK wouldn't accept the result.

~45% of Scots would demand another referendum.

The Welsh, WGAF?
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I don't need to know the rules around the country, only where I live. So do you. And regardless, it's not about "what can I do" it's about "what do I need to do".
          Some of us work and have family in different areas, which is why we need to know the rules in different areas.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Nope, it'll be awful. But arguably worth it. Possibly less pain overall than the current mess where the virus is rampant, and everyone is miserable. FWIW tradesmen etc were NEVER prevented from working during the national lockdown and it still worked. If you NEED to be working in close proximity to others, there are ways to minimise risk.
          Why is it some tradesmen like young people don't understand about mask wearing?
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X