• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What’s everyone driving these days ??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
    The longer the Volvo has been in the family the wealthier the family.
    The second wealthiest people I know still run Ford Sierra estates.

The wealthiest (new money) have the cars
    Last edited by eek; 3 November 2020, 08:06.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      You can buy my cayman S. Just had two new tyres and all disks/pads around 4 months ago. I've done 50 miles on them and it's sorned at the moment. The prices are even more ridiculous when you can't use the car after paying for them so it's up for sale.
      While I miss my favourite car/moneypit, I'll pass thanks. What year/model is it?
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

If it isn’t 911 Turbo S...

Comment

On e-cars, for 99% of the driving we do (100% during Covid) it would be fine as a round-trip could be done on one charge. But on, say a weekend away we tend to go somewhere fairly remote e.g. a B&B in the Yorkshire dales... unlikely to reliably find a charging point. And then on longer trips, it seems impractical.
          So do we have a 2nd car just for a handful of days a year?
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            On e-cars, for 99% of the driving we do (100% during Covid) it would be fine as a round-trip could be done on one charge. But on, say a weekend away we tend to go somewhere fairly remote e.g. a B&B in the Yorkshire dales... unlikely to reliably find a charging point. And then on longer trips, it seems impractical.
            Try any of the Yorkshire Dales car parks - they all have charging points in them (except the actual council offices which will need a few if electricity becomes the in thing).
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              You could have the leccy city car and then hire a petrol car for the few days per year you go on holiday?
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                Try any of the Yorkshire Dales car parks - they all have charging points in them (except the actual council offices which will need a few if electricity becomes the in thing)
                Great, we'll go and sit in a car park for several hours... or are they fast-charge ones? Although last time we were there, we didn't see a single car-park, out in the tiny villages.

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
                You could have the leccy city car and then hire a petrol car for the few days per year you go on holiday?
                Yeah, maybe. The idea of ownership is so engrained, people keep predicting that cars will become a service once/if driverless takes over which would be a massive shift.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Then you haven’t got a micropenis to make up for
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Exclusive Series?
                    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
                      Years ago we would have been proud, these days I hate to ask !!!

I’ve got a merc ML63 (best car I’ve every owned, not new by a long shot, it just fab + a money pit of a maserati granturismo, it’s just tulip in every regards

What you got

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Jag electric i-pace - I love not going to the petrol station paying £££££ a week to the taxman

Comment

Working...
                      X