• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage holidays extended for up to six months

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    If the gov are paying 80 billion in furlogh and other job schemes to give sub prime borrowers breathing space to stop repos how is that not bailing out subprime loans? The gov have also put a freeze on credit cars, personal loans as well.

I can't see this support package ending any time soon, even if a vaccine is found and a t best gives one year immunity, it will take years for people to get back on their feet without the gov subprime bailouts continuing.

The actions of the gov are to protect the people as well as try and prevent another sub prime crisis.
    The furlough scheme is aimed at saving jobs and businesses. It is not related to mortgages - we know this because I know people with no mortgage who have be furloughed.

There are no gov sub-prime bailouts, so by definition they can't continue

None of this is hard to understand.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      This is so cute.
      Saying this doesn't mean you're right you know. It shows your immature nature. This thread shows your lack of understanding of what is a really simple scheme.

Comment

This is so cute.
        You're such a tw@t.

You have no argument, so all you can do is attempt to blindside people with increasingly desperate and illogical statements.

We don't even know what you're doing here on CUK any more. You have no relevant input into the community. Each of your posts can be whittled down to "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" - this is meaningless drivel best left in an Asterix cartoon.

You add no value to CUK. You never have. In fact, you have cost people money through your unprofessional and unsolicited advice, which BTW is forever stored here for the record. And now you're nothing but a time leech and a troll.

You should leave. Pack up your sh1t and GTFU out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          The furlough scheme is aimed at saving jobs and businesses. It is not related to mortgages - we know this because I know people with no mortgage who have be furloughed.

Wrong. The furlough scheme is aimed at protecting an individual's income.

Without the income the mortgage does not get paid, the food bought, the cat fed.

Now the mortgage gets paid, tax payers get the bill - et voilà
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            You're such a tw@t.

You have no argument, so all you can do is attempt to blindside people with increasingly desperate and illogical statements.

frustrated ranting...

Those are your words, why take umbrage when your receive them?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Wrong. The furlough scheme is aimed at protecting an individual's income.

Without the income the mortgage does not get paid, the food bought, the cat fed.

Now the mortgage gets paid, tax payers get the bill - et voilà
              How cute ....

Comment

Those are your words, why take umbrage when your receive them?
                As usual, you make no sense. Face the mirror back towards yourself.

Thanks for the neg rep though - it's nice to see who's getting to who here. Hard to face the truth?

Anyway - hurry up now little boy, pack up your bags and get out of here.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  As usual, you make no sense. Face the mirror back towards yourself.

Alright keep yer panties on.

You've re-mortgaged at the top of the market and now you're bricking it. Keep calm and carry on.

Comment

Alright keep yer panties on.

You've re-mortgaged at the top of the market and now you're bricking it. Keep calm and carry on.
                    You obviously don't read any threads where people add real value. So no Scootersh1t, I'm well placed to take advantage of any drop in asset values. For property in particular, my LTV across the board is very comfortable - thanks for the concern though. But you are right on one point: I am releasing equity from one of my unencumbered properties in London because soon the banks will make it very hard to borrow, so I'm raising additional funds now for potential investments next year.

I'm biding my time. And while I'm waiting, I'm doing just fine.

I hope one day you learn that money isn't everything.

I'm guessing you must be packed now? Or still having trouble fitting your ego into your bags? Just drag it out as you leave, no one will miss it.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post

Ah right so because your mate does not have a mortgage none of the 80 billion is being used to service debt and keeping defaults artificially down? It's pretty difficult to default anyway since there has been an other extension to the mortgage holiday.

At the end of lockdown one a lot of people were made redundant no furlough payments for them now, just mortgage holidays and food banks to look forward to. There is a financial crisis around debt defaults that will occur when the life support is switched off.
                      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                      X