• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom: There is a cure

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I would call you cynical but....
    ... but one should not listening to a restarted sockie...

Comment

Russian vaccine is better with 92% success rate

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        Russian vaccine is better with 92% success rate
        Funny how they did not say the rate back in August when they were first to “register” it

Obviously that’s because without 3rd stage trial (that they only doing now, if that) you would not know efficacy, so they waited till proper corp announces number that they can “exceed”.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          There is one slight problem, the vaccine is manufactured in the EU and apparently after 31/12 Britain is no longer in the EU so there might be some problems in actually getting it into the country
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            ... but one should not listening to a restarted sockie...
            Sassy?
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

It may be a case that some (all?) countries require proof of vaccine before you can travel to them (bit like the Yellow Fever cert). Quite simple then isn't it? Don't want to have the vaccine, then have a nice staycation for the rest of your life
              I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                Sassy?
                It’s shrimps’

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  It may be a case that some (all?) countries require proof of vaccine before you can travel to them (bit like the Yellow Fever cert). Quite simple then isn't it? Don't want to have the vaccine, then have a nice staycation for the rest of your life
                  Never-mind travel - pubs, restaurants might require it, and that would be good safe thing to have

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    Never-mind travel - pubs, restaurants might require it, and that would be good safe thing to have
                    The establishment would then be done for disability discrimination.

There are some people on immunosuppression drugs who are advised not to have vaccinations as their immune systems don't function. These people rely on everyone else having vaccinations because they can't - proper herd immunity - and they are all ages.

However I suspect they will act like some of the people I heard who can't wear masks and tell the truth about their conditions rather than come out with tulip like "I have asthma".
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      The establishment would then be done for disability discrimination.

There are some people on immunosuppression drugs who are advised not to have vaccinations as their immune systems don't function.".
                      Well maybe it’s not safe for them to go out into pubs when Covid is out there?

On the other hand it would be safeR for them to go out if pubs allow exceptions like them AND those with vaccine, either way those should be in form of nice digital ID via phone app.

Seems like cheaper approach than 40 bln on moonshot thingy

Comment

Working...
                      X