• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boris Johnson told to self isolate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well now, that’s handy timing.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      The plague carrier is Ashfield MP Lee Anderson according to the Beeb.
      Yes, he is a typical Tory.

During the 2019 general election he made a controversial statement on the Carsic council estate in his constituency, in the wake of a murder, he said “Let's have [the tenants] in the field, picking potatoes or any other seasonal vegetables, back in the tent, cold shower, lights out, six o'clock, same again the next day.

Anderson was one of three Conservative Party candidates investigated by the party over claims of anti-Semitism during the election campaign. The investigation was opened on the grounds that he was an active member of a Facebook group in which other members supported Tommy Robinson and promoted George Soros conspiracy theories.

On 15th November 2020 Anderson tested positive for COVID-19 infection, leading to Prime Minister Boris Johnson having to self-isolate.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post
        pity its not permanent self isolation
        He tried that, everyone complains "where's Boris?"
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

That's a blow to the national birthrate. How are all the Covid dead to be replaced now?

Comment

This is all just spin ... he's not self-isolating due to CV19, he's just hiding in a fridge again to avoid the 'B' fiasco!
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

- He's as fit as a butchers dog. (Click on the linky if you want to see and hear his waffle.)

Boris Johnson to make string of 'critical announcements' over Zoom while stuck in his flat - Mirror Online

Boris Johnson will be forced to make a string of “critical announcements” while stuck in his No10 flat after he met an MP with Covid-19.

The Prime Minister was planning to use this week to reset his premiership after a disastrous week of infighting saw off his top two aides.

He was due to make critical announcements on electric cars, coronavirus restrictions, next week’s spending review and most importantly Brexit.

But now Mr Johnson is having to stay in his flat above Downing Street until Thursday 26 November after he was “pinged” by privatised Test and Trace.

It comes after he met Tory MP Lee Anderson, who later tested positive, last Thursday with no masks and standing less than two metres apart.

Downing Street officials today insisted the planned announcements would still take place, either through Mr Johnson remotely or via other ministers.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock, who will lead today’s No10 press conference at 5pm, said the PM will “no doubt driving things forward this week by Zoom.”

And in a hand-held video clip this morning Mr Johnson - who almost died of coronavirus in April - claimed he was “fit as a butcher's dog” and “bursting with antibodies”.

The scruffy-looking Prime Minister said: “Hi folks, the good news is that NHS Test and Trace is working ever-more efficiently.

“But the bad news is that they've pinged me and I've got to self-isolate because someone I was in contact with a few days ago has developed Covid.

"It doesn't matter that we were all doing social distancing, it doesn't matter that I'm fit as a butcher's dog, feel great - so many people do in my circumstances.

"And actually, it doesn't matter that I've had the disease and I'm bursting with antibodies.

“We've got to interrupt the spread of the disease and one of the ways we can do that now is by self-isolating for 14 days when contacted by Test and Trace."

It came just as the Prime Minister was facing a critical week following the ousting of divisive top aides Dominic Cummings and Lee Cain.

Brexit talks are resuming in Brussels today, where the UK’s chief negotiator Lord Frost and the EU’s Michel Barnier are trying to get a trade deal.

The EU had wanted a deal first by the middle of October, then by the middle of November, but there are still crucial splits on fishing and the ‘level playing field’ of EU rules.

Just before the PM was forced into self-isolation last night, No10 announced he was planning a string of other announcements or commitments over the next two weeks.

They include:
              • Meeting MPs from the Northern Research Group today to “listen to their ideas” and convey his “personal ambition for levelling up the country”. This was seen as a bid to reach out after the Cummings saga.
              • Chairing key COVID meetings focusing on vaccines, mass testing and a new system to replace the current England lockdown from December 2.
              • Speaking to Chancellor Rishi Sunak to make “major decisions in the days ahead” on the spending review.
              • Announcing a 10-point environment plan on Wednesday which is thought to include a ban on new petrol and diesel cars from 2030.

He may also take part in PMQs remotely this Wednesday and next Wednesday.

In a WhatsApp message to Tory MPs last night, the PM said he was “more confident than ever” that England’s national lockdown will end on time on December 2.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                Then why are billions being spent on a vaccine, if antibodies are no good?

Edit: Whorty's answered this, it didn't occur to me that he can still be a spreader.
                And you will have to have the vaccine every year, if the virus mutates.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                  And you will have to have the vaccine every year, if the virus mutates.
                  It's already mutating. It'll be interesting to see if the 2 vaccines work with the Mink mutation* of the disease.

*I mean the one from Denmark, not the one that got Johnson
                  Last edited by Paralytic; 16 November 2020, 15:39.

Comment

Is he dead yet?

Just askin' for a friend, like.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      It's already mutating. It'll be interesting to see if the 2 vaccines work with the Mink* mutation of the disease.

[colour=eeeeee]*I mean the one from Denmark, not the one that got Johnson[/color]
                      Cummings left behind a portable 5G mast on the roof of No. 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X