DOOM: Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection DOOM: Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 53

My post count is Majestic

AtW is always on top

Default DOOM: Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection

"Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection

The coronavirus vaccine developed by the University of Oxford stops 70% of people developing Covid symptoms, a large-scale trial shows.

It is both a triumph and a disappointment after vaccines by Pfizer and Moderna showed 95% protection.

However, the Oxford jab is far cheaper, and is easier to store and get to every corner of the world than the other two.

So it will still play a significant role in tackling the pandemic, if it is approved by regulators.

There is also intriguing data that suggests perfecting the dose could increase protection up to 90%."

Source: Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection - BBC News

Looks like 5G nanoparticle mRNA will rule the human race, no chance for Planet of Apes now...

AtW is always on top

So 70% is what's normally expected from normal flu vaccines, which is why mRNA results were surprisingly better and the real funny part is that Russian "vaccine" was claimed to be 92% effective after Pfizer released data of 90%+, the fun part being is that Russian "vaccine" is also based on adenovirus (only human, rather than garden monkey variety), so it seems more likely that its efficiency is likely to be in 70% region, which kind of re-inforces the obvious - Russian Govt are pathological liars, just like Trump and Boris.

Hail Great Leader Put1n!

More fingers than teeth

ladymuck has reached the peak. Play again?

I suspect there will be a need for a yearly COVID-n vaccine alongside the yearly FLU-n vaccine that all governments have to play "guess the prevelant strain" and hope to buy the right one.

We get reinfected with colds all the time due to viral mutation, I can't see the COVID virus being any different in that respect. We won't eradicate it; we have to learn to live with it.

AtW is always on top

SARS2 more stable so far, plus after 9 months of this tulip there are very few confirmed reinfections

With mRNA platform proven to work safely it will help deliver variations of the vaccine much quicker

Contractor Among Contractors

Paralytic is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    "There is also intriguing data that suggests perfecting the dose could increase protection up to 90%."
    Erm, something not quite right here...

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by ladymuck View Post
    I suspect there will be a need for a yearly COVID-n vaccine alongside the yearly FLU-n vaccine that all governments have to play "guess the prevelant strain" and hope to buy the right one.

We get reinfected with colds all the time due to viral mutation, I can't see the COVID virus being any different in that respect. We won't eradicate it; we have to learn to live with it.
    Never had a flu jab so presumably won't need a COVID one then...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I live on CUK

Old Greg is always on top

"Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection

The coronavirus vaccine developed by the University of Oxford stops 70% of people developing Covid symptoms, a large-scale trial shows.

It is both a triumph and a disappointment after vaccines by Pfizer and Moderna showed 95% protection.

However, the Oxford jab is far cheaper, and is easier to store and get to every corner of the world than the other two.

So it will still play a significant role in tackling the pandemic, if it is approved by regulators.

There is also intriguing data that suggests perfecting the dose could increase protection up to 90%."

Source: Covid-19: Oxford University vaccine shows 70% protection - BBC News

Looks like 5G nanoparticle mRNA will rule the human race, no chance for Planet of Apes now...
    Key bit here for me is "from developing symptoms". What about "from being infected and passing the infection on"?

d000hg - scorchio!

So 70% is what's normally expected from normal flu vaccines
    No it's better.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

AtW is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Key bit here for me is "from developing symptoms". What about "from being infected and passing the infection on"?
    That might take another year to figure out...

Still gathering requirements...

silent bob has no reputation

70% sounds good enough to me. I'll be getting it if it means I can go on holiday again