• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas holiday break - Keep Britain Free forum

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
    What a pity there is no test for immunity (that the authorities are willing to accept) so that millions of doses will be administered unnecessarily. TBH over 98% people would be better off getting natural immunity.
    I'm guessing you can't link to the peer reviewed research for that stat.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      Now we have a vaccine, who's going to spend billions to prove what is already suspected - that natural immunity is very temporary?
      Just curious who suspects that and why? There is only a handful of confirmed reinfections globally and it's been a year now. Of course proper study needs to be conducted but its weird to think in the absence of more information that you would think this would behave differently then other viruses even coronaviruses where immunity lasts (people get colds frequently because they are getting different strains). Covid-19 thankfully has been very slow to mutate.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Sounds like a fun place to visit! I just worry I'll end up on 'a list' somewhere
        I’ll add you to my list of people with irrational worries

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          I’ll add you to my list of people with irrational DOOM worries
          FTFY

Comment

I'm guessing you can't link to the peer reviewed research for that stat.
            Last time the brainwashed asked that I quoted from the peer-reviewed study they themselves had quoted.

If you are saying that natural immunity does not work, but only for this virus not all of the others since vaccination was discovered, then why bother with a vaccine?

As per usual follow the money.

Comment

If you are saying that natural immunity does not work
              Err, it works BUT there is long Covid problem for a lot of people who got it (this will be massive drag on health services if everybody gets Covid "naturally")

Comment

Originally posted by jayn200 View Post
                Just curious who suspects that and why? There is only a handful of confirmed reinfections globally and it's been a year now. Of course proper study needs to be conducted but its weird to think in the absence of more information that you would think this would behave differently then other viruses even coronaviruses where immunity lasts (people get colds frequently because they are getting different strains). Covid-19 thankfully has been very slow to mutate.
                That we know about. How many asymptomatic people have had the virus (whether once or more than once) which nobody knows about, including those infected?
                We have a vaccine, therefore no drug company is going to invest serious money into finding out whether we didn't actually need it, or whether we did actually need it.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

I haven't heard that lots of people are immune, though many are asymptomatic. If most were immune, surely it would be nowhere near so infectious (R0 = 3ish IIRC)?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                    That we know about. How many asymptomatic people have had the virus (whether once or more than once) which nobody knows about, including those infected?
                    We have a vaccine, therefore no drug company is going to invest serious money into finding out whether we didn't actually need it, or whether we did actually need it.
                    I do agree that there is no incentive for drug companies to do those studies. Of course not.

Just saying it's weird how the default assumption by a lot of people is that this virus will not behave as other viruses do in the absence of other information. It's just a really weird assumption. When you are lacking information about something and you need to make an assumption the highest quality assumption always comes from the closest proximity case. If you look at other coronaviruses we do indeed get natural immunity to them. That should be the assumption for covid-19 until there is data to prove otherwise.

Comment

Last time the brainwashed asked that I quoted from the peer-reviewed study they themselves had quoted.

If you are saying that natural immunity does not work, but only for this virus not all of the others since vaccination was discovered, then why bother with a vaccine?

As per usual follow the money.
                      Are you slow? I'm querying whether over 98% people really would be better off getting natural immunity.

Comment

Working...
                      X