• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mutant Virus DOOM

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“These reports on the transmissibility of the new variant are even more depressing than I had anticipated,” said Paul Hunter, professor of medicine at the University of East Anglia.

“An increase in R of 0.4 or greater is extremely bad news. During the national lockdown in November the best we could achieve was an R value of somewhere between 0.8 and 1.0 around the UK,” said Prof Hunter. “What this means is that even if we went back to the lockdown it would still not be enough to bring the R value down to less than 1.0.”

Subscribe to read | Financial Times

Comment

Oh dear...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Change in symtoms

<Place Holder>

Based in the anecdotal evidence of Mrs CFL, they are seeing vomiting replace cough as a symptom in ICU with the new strain. Higher level of 12 - 18 year olds.

I have no evidence to back this up, it's just hearsay from several ICU doctors in our social circle.

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Might be that some tests were targeting bits that got changed in mutation
          Aye this new variant is the grey squirrel, rapidly dominating the covid-19 world, where the tests are looking for red pigmentation.

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
          <Place Holder>

Based in the anecdotal evidence of Mrs CFL, they are seeing vomiting replace cough as a symptom in ICU with the new strain. Higher level of 12 - 18 year olds.

Vomitting instead of coughing from a respitory illness?

Maybe it is a new virus after all.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
            Aye this new variant is the grey squirrel, rapidly dominating the covid-19 world, where the tests are looking for red pigmentation.

a respitory <sic> illness spread by 5G masts.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

Sorry, as an initial symptom. Once the patient's condition deteriorates to the point that they need to go to hospital there are of course the severe respiratory symptoms.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                <Place Holder>

I have no evidence to back this up, it's just hearsay from several ICU doctors in our social circle.

I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on TV

Comment

Already been found in Italy...yep, someone who travelled from the Uk

Sent from my 5g carrier pigeon
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Its called VUI-202012/01 (virus under investigation) and if you google it, we've actually known about it in the UK for months, so its probably been circulating for longer.

No surprise if its already been found in other countries. Its just a matter of when it takes off now.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                      It's called VUI-202012/01 (virus under investigation) and if you google it, we've actually known about it in the UK for months, so it's probably been circulating for longer.

No surprise if it's already been found in other countries. It's just a matter of when it takes off now.
                      It's FTFY

Comment

Working...
                      X