• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

only ~1000 weeks to go.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Perhaps the general public have figured out that this death by injection dressed as vaccine and so refusing to come forward to be vaccinated? Explains the utterly low numbers. Its all unravelling for the government now.
    Death by injection eh? Thinking about it, it's the vulnerable, people with health conditions and some ethnic minorities who are likely to be done first. Aaagh, Adoph is back!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post
      Yeah, but the same order of magnitude at least. I think they'll do OK in the end - perhaps the first thing they won't have stuffed up this year.
      My old man is getting his first jab this afternoon, which is quite remarkable when you think about how recently it was approved.

That's because he is on Bill Gates high priority list
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That’s because they are not using football stadiums, like wise ministrone expected them to do

2 mln per week needed to get in good position in 20 weeks (summer time), as soon as things will look less grim in spring number of willing participants will drop and legislation will be needed to get better coverage, like no pub without vaccine
        Last edited by AtW; 16 December 2020, 17:37.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          That’s because they are not using football stadiums, like wise ministrone expected them to do

2 mln per week needed to get in good position in 20 weeks (summer time), as soon as things will look less grim in spring number of willing participants will drop and legislation will be needed to get better coverage, like no pub without vaccine

Current vaccination speed would take UK a decade to get coronavirus jabs to everyone | Daily Mail Online

oh dear dooooog
          At that rate — roughly 17,237 vaccinations per day — it would take around 3,481 days to give all 30million people on Downing Street's priority list their two doses.

As many as half of Britons will not get a Covid-19 vaccine by the end of next year, a report has warned.

The National Audit Office, which monitors government spending, said plans assumed that just 25million will receive jabs if enough become available.

This would suffice for the priority groups – the over-50s, frontline health workers, those in care homes and people with underlying health conditions.

But it would leave younger adults waiting until 2022.

Comment

50% with 95% efficacy will get us herd immunity, especially if much higher %-tage in high risk groups (old, Nhs staff and those with co-morbidities)
            Last edited by AtW; 16 December 2020, 18:42.

Comment

from the same link
              NHS IS HIRING COVID-19 VACCINATORS WITH NO HEALTHCARE EXPERIENCE

what could go wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                from the same link

what could go wrong

If they are properly trained, supervised and the injection is pre-dispensed?

Complications of IM injections | Drugs & Medications articles | Therapies & Treatments center | SteadyHealth.com

Intramuscular Injection: Definition and Patient Education (healthline.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                  from the same link

what could go wrong
                  It's not ******* difficult. I give myself all my travel injections save Yellow Fever because of the need for the certificate.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

They did use Barnet FC's stadium this week, although it's been a very long time since anything resembling football was played at Barnet...

(Sorry, Barnet fans )
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                      They did use Barnet FC's stadium this week, although it's been a very long time since anything resembling football was played at Barnet...

(Sorry, Barnet fans )
                      Ahh, you live in Dollis Valley then.

Comment

Working...
                      X