• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New variant just after immunisations start : co-incidence or not?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post
    do your own research sheeple
    Simon is my hero.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      No.5 in your list should never have happened. That's disgraceful behaviour if true.
      Kent coast from Whitsable to Herne Bay was heaving with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        No.5 in your list should never have happened. That's disgraceful behaviour if true.
        So people who were going shopping in last few before Christmas, upon being told of the tighter restrictions, were supposed to do what exactly?

And those who were planning to go to restaurants and now need to shop? (Not forgetting restaurants who have ordered food and have to pay for it and now cannot use it).

Not all of us have a HWMBO to come round and fill their freezer you know....

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Simon is my hero.
          Don't tell sasguru. He will be most upset.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Don't tell sasguru. He will be most upset.
            It will stay as secret as your Band Camp indiscretions.

Comment

New variant in the UK just after immunisations start in the UK : co-incidence or not?
              The new variant was discovered in September, so nothing to do with immunisations starting

/endthread
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post
                Kent coast from Whitsable to Herne Bay was heaving with them.
                I thought Kent was in tier 4 so the shops should have been shut on Sunday?

Comment

So people who were going shopping in last few before Christmas, upon being told of the tighter restrictions, were supposed to do what exactly?

And those who were planning to go to restaurants and now need to shop? (Not forgetting restaurants who have ordered food and have to pay for it and now cannot use it).

Not all of us have a HWMBO to come round and fill their freezer you know....
                  Ah yes I did forget about the unfortunates who don't have a butler on the payroll.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    48 hours gives time for analysis and planning.
                    They should be more agile.

But yes, according to Eurotunnel, they need to put rapid testing in place before outbound traffic can resume. Hopefully the rapid tests pick up the new variant or give false negatives rather than false positives so critical carrots for crimbo can get across to EU land.

This palaver is just a taster for future UK/EU via France crossings, like Spain with the occasional Gibraltar border shenanigans, they love to mess around at the expense of the people stuck in their little games.
                    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Not a coincidence at all. The virus adapted after being supplied with details of the vaccine by the Russians who hacked into Pfizer's database.
                      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                      X