• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We've flattered the curve

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Boris saved the spirit of Xmas!

At the price of tens of billions pounds and tens of thousands dead.
    Ours allowed no more than ten people, strongly advised from being no more than two households (but not mandated). Our current R is 0.83. UK, 1.28. Of course, we have got Boris's virus infecting us like wild fire. Yet.

https://www.thelocal.ch/20210104/mutated-coronavirus-strain-found-in-several-regions-of-switzerland
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

10s of thousands of excess unnecessary deaths that will now happen over the next 12 months because he lifted lockdown too early in order to "save Xmas"

Even an cretin like yourself should understand how that virus works by now
      Psychocandy doesn't apparently.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

10s of thousands of excess unnecessary deaths that will now happen over the next 12 months because he lifted lockdown too early in order to "save Xmas"

Even an cretin like yourself should understand how that virus works by now
        OK so these are imaginary future deaths, not real ones. Thanks for clarifying, I will give your forecasting the attention it deserves.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          OK so these are imaginary future deaths, not real ones. Thanks for clarifying, I will give your forecasting the attention it deserves.
          We've got an early COTY 2021 winner material here and it's only 4 January!!!

Comment

Replying for posterity. This one will age well.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Replying for posterity. This one will age well.
              I'm only going on his past forecasting...

A new lockdown will flatten cases until the vaccine is widespread.
              Atw has to prove that we have tens of thousands more deaths over the next few months, than if we'd all stayed in lockdown for 6 months.

Comment

I heard on the radio that to allow for under testing, if you divide today's positive Covid number by 50, you'll get the number of deaths in 3 weeks time.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  I heard on the radio that to allow for under testing, if you divide today's positive Covid number by 50, you'll get the number of deaths in 3 weeks time.
                  Imaginary deaths, not real ones (those would be awful).

That's according to the real doodard above.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    That would sound reasonable, puts us back up to about 1000 which appears sane.

Comment

That would sound reasonable, puts us back up to about 1000 which appears sane.
                      And would that be 1 day's deaths or more than 1 day's?

Comment

Working...
                      X