• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DOOM: The Guardian

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Better than nothing.
    No, it's worse than nothing because once you charges micropayment it's going to be nigh to impossible to shift to proper pricing.

The Guardian is very affordable for what it charges, now the Times is overpriced

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Better than nothing. I suspect they could end up earning more from a micro payments model if they gave it some proper thought.

EDIT: Maybe not, unless there's a wholesale shake up

Why micropayments will never be a thing in journalism - Columbia Journalism Review
      Maybe not then, but I suppose it depends on how well they are doing on the subscription model. Maybe it would work better for smaller publications that people aren't as likely to sign up for. I can only speak for myself, but I'm not likely to be signing up for any media subscriptions, but I would pay as I go quite happily - so there is at least some revenue that they are missing out on here. How to get some of that revenue without eating their own lunch is probably a more difficult problem.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Paywall is incoming...

Not to worry AtW, you can always start reading the Mail Online, or (pause for effect ...) Zero Hedge!
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          That's a shame Guardian is about the last decent newspaper free to access. If they put in a paywall, I'll weight in up against FT, NYT and Irish Times.
          ha! - 'Bunty' would be more your level.

Comment

It's only fair that a left-wing rag should charge for their website.

Apparently they are good on science/medical reporting though.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Not to worry AtW, you can always start reading the Mail Online, or (pause for effect ...) Zero Hedge!
              I am a paid subscriber to The Guardian (as well as ToryGraph, The Times, The FT and a few others).

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                I am a paid subscriber to The Guardian (as well as ToryGraph, The Times, The FT and a few others).
                Clearly you don't read them, since you're about the most ill-informed poorly taught critical thinker on here
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                X