• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pigs to the Moon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pigs to the Moon

"Moonpig plans £1bn flotation as sales soar amid pandemic

Online greetings card firm reports a record Christmas with profits up 137% to £33m for the year

Online greetings card and gift retailer Moonpig is planning a £1bn stock market flotation, after the coronavirus pandemic sent its sales and profits soaring.

Moonpig Group, owned since 2016 by private equity firm Exponent, could announce its intention to list as early as next week. The company, which also trades as Greetz in the Netherlands, is believed to be targeting a valuation in excess of £1bn. Moonpig declined to comment on the planned initial public offering, first reported by Sky News."

Moonpig plans GBP1bn flotation as sales soar amid pandemic | Consumer affairs | The Guardian

WTF - people pay for online greeting cards?

Yep, my gran uses them to send birthday cards while shielding during lockdown. Proper local card shops forced to close, poor choice in the supermarkets, and supermarkets full of covidiots that don't understand the concept of arrows and personal space so safer to do it online.

Like Amazon, some online services will be making a killing of a different kind during covid phase 1.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
    X