• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boom: Vaccine's offered to every adult in UK ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    That isn't a reference, it's an anecdote. Where did you find this updated target? I cannot find it.
    "“The agreement that I have made with Pfizer will enable us to vaccinate all citizens of Israel over the age of 16 by the end of March and perhaps even earlier,” he added. Later, while receiving his second dose of the vaccine, Netanyahu said the country could do it within two months.”"

Prime Minister there is not a clown like Boris, I'll take his word, especially that they are now at 20% already AND secured extra supply of vaccines.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      UK doing better because approval was pushed quicker than even US!
      Yes, we did an excellent, speedy, job of approving this and other vaccines.

Much like we did an excellent, speedy, job of sequencing the Kent variant, for example.

I have no problem calling out the successes among many failures.

You'd have to be a partisan cretin not to.

Comment

"“The agreement that I have made with Pfizer will enable us to vaccinate all citizens of Israel over the age of 16 by the end of March and perhaps even earlier,” he added. Later, while receiving his second dose of the vaccine, Netanyahu said the country could do it within two months.”"

Prime Minister there is not a clown like Boris, I'll take his word, especially that they are now at 20% already AND secured extra supply of vaccines.
        Fair enough, I see you provided the link on p1. We'll see, perhaps they will reach that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Not even close. Try the Callaghan one, or the Blair-let's-go-to-war-and-kill-a-lot-of-people one or the MacMillan one or the Gorgon one, all of which nearly bankrupted the UK, or the abortion that was the Cameron/Clegg bromance that failed to do everything it said it would and did do a lot of things it said it wouldn't.

However...

I believe I already said that.
          But you would say that. You also say that UK government blunders in the early stages only appear to be blunders with the benefit of hindsight. But then you go curiously quiet when asked about the PM shaking hands with Covid patients and boasting about it.

Comment

Much like we did an excellent, speedy, job of sequencing the Kent variant, for example.

Agreed. The UK government is doing a good job of vaccination, having done a dreadful job overall in other areas of the Covid response.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              But you would say that. You also say that UK government blunders in the early stages only appear to be blunders with the benefit of hindsight. But then you go curiously quiet when asked about the PM shaking hands with Covid patients and boasting about it.
              Nobody' disputing that was a mistake. And much as you might like to think so, Boris is not the government. Or do you practice syllogistics?

However, for one counter-example, the latest lockdown was put in place as soon as HMG was told about the new variant's transmissibility and infection rates and that it added 0.7 to the R-number all by itself. That's not a blunder, like 90% of the so-called U turns that were actually a reaction to new information in an ever changing situation.

Still, best not confuse the ignorati with reality, eh...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Genetic sequencing in the UK seems to be at the top, very good level - given the money put on the table I expect that!

Approving tho was clearly politically motivated - terrible thing to do when anti-vaxxing is bigger problem than ever!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Nobody' disputing that was a mistake. And much as you might like to think so, Boris is not the government. Or do you practice syllogistics?

However, for one counter-example, the latest lockdown was put in place as soon as HMG was told about the new variant's transmissibility and infection rates and that it added 0.7 to the R-number all by itself. That's not a blunder, like 90% of the so-called U turns that were actually a reaction to new information in an ever changing situation.

Still, best not confuse the ignorati with reality, eh...
                  The PM is a huge part of the problem, and his personality was a bigger part of the Tory campaign than it would normally be. But he has made so many errors along the way which appear to be linked to him not wanting to be the Mr Killjoy. Not closing down Cheltenham. Telling people to get back to work if they can, against official advice to work at home unless you can’t. Returning hustle and bustle to the high street. These were all unforced errors and there are plenty of others. They are all the PM’s fault. They will have cost lives and hit the economy. I can’t think of any other PM who would have screwed thing up so regularly.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Agreed. The UK government is doing a good job of vaccination, having done a dreadful job overall in other areas of the Covid response.
                    Right. Seems pretty uncontentious to me. There's still time to fook it up, but so far so good w/r to vaccinations. :shrug

Comment

Approving tho was clearly politically motivated - terrible thing to do when anti-vaxxing is bigger problem than ever!
                      I don't think there's any evidence whatsoever that the MHRA is politically motivated.

Comment

Working...
                      X