• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Universal Housing Project

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
    every day that I spend on this forum it lets me believe that it is run by bots and intelligence services to brainwash some gullible people that think they might get some information here.

I have good credit score and in good morals, renting with a friend so although I am not employed he will guarantee for us.

You people, intentionally fail to recognise that the industry is intentionally biased and has been for a long time.

No we are sharing our experience.

In my opinion if all the independent second hand car dealers and estate agents were removed from their professions things would improve in a lot of cases.

If we had more housing stock there wouldn't be a shortage so you could pick and choose. There isn't, we are 3 million plus dwellings short and growing.

If you had fewer scumbags then Landlords would be less likely to be fussy or grabbing (and vice versa). The reason for no DHS or Housing benefit riders is the Landlord gets screwed so doesn't need the hassle. The reason for references and credit checks is because tenants with apparently good jobs just decide not to pay the rent because there is no penalty.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Oh, so not everyone then?

People who want to live in London and actually do live (it up) are those who have nice houses with white fronts in Chelsea and Kensington and places like that.

Now that's awright.

But if you have to commute from zone 666 then it's not living.
      Not all housing in the Royal Borough is like that. A lot is dingy and poky and way overpriced.

I almost moved Maida Vale way. That's nice, around the canal. It's not like the Manchester canal, full of ex-CUK mods after the chocolate ran out at the Xmas Do.

Comment

There is a lot wrong with residential rental in the UK. I've not experienced issues with agencies running off with holding deposits, and I've been lucky in that the landlords I've had have been good (my current one is excellent).

My main annoyance is that I don't think residential tenants should incur stamp duty if their cumulative rent exceeds £125k within seven years. There is no guidance or help on this topic that is accessible to a lay person. It's seen as a London problem due to the high rents and people selfishly wanting to stay in one place.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          There is a lot wrong with residential rental in the UK. I've not experienced issues with agencies running off with holding deposits, and I've been lucky in that the landlords I've had have been good (my current one is excellent).

My main annoyance is that I don't think residential tenants should incur stamp duty if their cumulative rent exceeds £125k within seven years. There is no guidance or help on this topic that is accessible to a lay person. It's seen as a London problem due to the high rents and people selfishly wanting to stay in one place.

Its a minority that experience the problem but we should police it. The prosecution of landlords without Gas certs has saved many lives but it still happens.

See I didn't know the stamp duty bit, you would have thought the Landlord should pay tax on rent unless the tenant buys the property and gets a reduction on price as a sitting tenant.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
          X