• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forum Bug Reports

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post

does repeatedly liking and unliking your post notify every time?
    Let's try!

Comment

Does it?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        Does it?
        Good question
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Sonofa....

Comment

In the right thread this time.

Can we cut down the amount of mandatory blank space for each post? ATM one liners take up as much room as war and peace meaning you have to scroll far more to read threads.

Interestingly the "Previously on..." summary underneath the new post editing window displays existing posts without the extra padding.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

'forum actions > mark forums read' doesn't.
              clicking 'new posts' after shows all the previous stuff again in bold.
              whether logged in or not.

Comment

I've just updated everybody's profile to set the "Disable Notifications" flag for thanks/likes. Not usually my policy to muck around with other people's settings, but looking through the code for the plugin, it seems like that's the only way to ensure the damn notifications stop. If you like them, you can re-enable them in your control panel - it's the top checkbox on the "DBTech - Post Thanks - Settings" tab

Let me know if they're still happening, as if that didn't do it, I'll have to dig deeper

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  Adding Sasguru to my list of ignored posters means I can no longer see TPD
                  Yes, I don't know how it worked previously as I don't have anyone on my ignore list, but now it just doesn't show anything by them, either in the thread list or the thread itself.

I've found a way to prevent that, but need to work out what it previously did; I'm assuming something along the lines of a message saying "This post is hidden because the user is on your ignore list"? So I need to work out how to make that happen and define the UI for it, otherwise all I've done is made it ignore your ignore list, which seems a bit silly

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
                    Is the search facility bringing back results for anyone? it isn't for me.
                    I've got the search indexer running now, but it takes a while; should be working later tonight.

They've completely rewritten the search system which is why it needs to rebuild the index from scratch, but after all that it's probably no better than the old one

Comment

I wonder at what point it's worth rolling back
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X