• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finally we have party of business!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Starmer probably has people explain to him the different ways companies can get out of paying Corp tax and actually listened.
    Big companies, yes.

Us, not so much.

Time to vote out the anti-small business Tory scum and replace them with, er,...

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Big companies, yes.

Us, not so much.
      Most barristers are self-employed.

They work with lawyers who can be self-employed, work through limited companies like us or be employed by larger firms.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

Most barristers are self-employed.

They work with lawyers who can be self-employed, work through limited companies like us or be employed by larger firms.
        And none of them are getting away with profit shifting into the Oude Joris Max 120 via the Dutch Antilles.

Comment

There was a really interesting article in the latest Private Eye about the tax arrangements of LLPs and how partners are paid. Some of the biggest revenue earning outfits are LLPs.

The Eye doesn't do online so I can't easily share it. I could scan it in, I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            There was a really interesting article in the latest Private Eye about the tax arrangements of LLPs and how partners are paid. Some of the biggest revenue earning outfits are LLPs.

The Eye doesn't do online so I can't easily share it. I could scan it in, I suppose.
            Bullet points?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The introduction of rules surrounding salaried members (basically, disguised employment w/r to LLPs) made this structure much less desirable as a means of getting self-employed treatment for tax purposes, but w/ limited liability.

Comment

Originally posted by mattster View Post

Bullet points?
                Essentially they should pay 13.8% ErNI on profit share distributed to partners, which is currently exempt. Examples given included:
                • PwC in 2019 had 899 members sharing profits of £753m. Average profit share was £765k each, with the Chairman receiving £3.7m. If that £753m had been paid as salary, it would have attracted £103m in ErNI
                • Deloitte had 709 members in 2019 sharing profits of £513m. Average profit share was £876k each, with the Chairman receiving £1.7m. Potential ErNI bill of £71m avoided
                They admit that these are estimates and that the true liability could be much less. They acknowlege that LLPs do pay full NI on all employees and salaried members. However, the lack of ErNI on profit sharing is an entirely legal loophole. Those members who are 'self-employed' pay the lower rate of NI and often the LLP will deduct that and pay it on their behalf.

The Eye's proposal is for LLPs with more than 25 partners or revenues over £5m to have the exemption removed that means they don't have to pay ErNI on profit sharing.

Comment

So Germany will be clear winner now -

Germany tax info - https://www2.deloitte.com/content/da...ts-germany.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    So Germany will be clear winner now -

Germany tax info - https://www2.deloitte.com/content/da...ts-germany.pdf
                    Bye

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post

Bye
                      FOBR14

Comment

Working...
                      X