• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nanny work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chicane
    Consider carefully how many less pairs of shoes you'll be able to buy.

speaking of shoes I have a problem with my toe (called Ingrown Toenail) so can't wear pointy shoes for a while

Comment

Come and work for me and you can learn to dive as well
      I've got a contract coming up to survey the culverts and sewer system under cardiff.
      Nice change for you and I'll pay you £150 a day
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Are you serious? 10+ hour days with small children and not a moment's peace and all to earn the net sum of £75 a day max? It's something you have to love, you don't do it to relax I'm sure.

Windy

Comment

Originally posted by WindyAnna
          Are you serious? 10+ hour days with small children and not a moment's peace and all to earn the net sum of £75 a day max? It's something you have to love, you don't do it to relax I'm sure.

Windy
          been doing the job for free for the past 17 years - got 2 kids of my own !! I enjoy being with kids a lot more than being with adults.

Comment

Can't argue with you there - in fact after the day I just had at work it was a pleasure to come home and hear some sense talked by my 21 month old!

I pay my nanny £7.50 an hour net (they like being paid net, I hate doing it, but it's the way of the nanny world). If you're seriously serious then have a look at www.nannyjob.co.uk

Windy

Comment

Yes you could earn £7.50 an hour and you never know you might get to sleep with Jude Law.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can't argue with you there - in fact after the day I just had at work it was a pleasure to come home and hear some sense talked by my 21 month old!

I pay my nanny £7.50 an hour net (they like being paid net, I hate doing it, but it's the way of the nanny world). If you're seriously serious then have a look at www.nannyjob.co.uk

Windy

Thanks - this idea of mine was posted after a couple of glasses of white wine , however I saw a few roles paid £11 per hour

Comment

Windy

Just had a look at the site - what's up with so many families requiring Swedish nannies??

And is it politicaly correct to ask for a nanny that hasnative English language??

Tuk Tuk Tuk, law suit waiting to happen, am going to email those agencies and point out all kind of discrimination laws

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    Um, let me think?

Statuesque swedish blonde with biiiiig blue eyes....

At a guess, the father might have some influence there...

Child: Mummy, does the child minder have a removable bottom?

Mother: No dear, why?

Child: 'Cos daddy said he'd like to screw the arse off her!
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X