• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How would you go about getting car finance?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red 7
    Have you thought about personal contract hire? (or even YourCo contract hire). Residuals are pretty good on the Z4, hence the rates will be comparitively low.

....and then when you get bored you can chuck the keys back.

This one's pretty cheap, not the 'M' but I'm sure you could find one :

http://www.lingscars.com/car_detail....=1599&status=0
    For that se model that's 11,273 for 2 years hire. Expensive!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
      Just because you can afford it, doesn't mean you should buy it !

And just because you can afford it today, doesn't mean you can afford it tomorrow.

Interest rates rising, property market crashing, shares tumbling - you'll need all the money you can get.
      Agree, a car like this costs over 10K a year to own and run.

Comment

Originally posted by Red 7
        Have you thought about personal contract hire? (or even YourCo contract hire). Residuals are pretty good on the Z4, hence the rates will be comparitively low.

....and then when you get bored you can chuck the keys back.

This one's pretty cheap, not the 'M' but I'm sure you could find one :

http://www.lingscars.com/car_detail....=1599&status=0
        Is that website for real or a pi$$take?

Comment

Originally posted by fzbucks
          Is that website for real or a pi$$take?
          It's real, she's been on Dragon's Den on BBC2

Comment

Originally posted by kirk
            It's real, she's been on Dragon's Den on BBC2
            I've seen lots of people on dragons den that I wouldn't hand any money over to

Comment

Just buy a used 350Z for cash until you can afford a used M car thats already taken a big depreciation hit. Otherwise you won't have enough to spend on your wife and she'll leave you and financially ruin you for life.

And read Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Comment

I'm gonna get that as a audiobook actually, what's it actually about and why do people keep recommending it to me?

I didn't come from a rich background

Comment

Originally posted by dotnetter
                  I didn't come from a rich background
                  Neither did "Rich Dad".

Comment

I can't see the point of this. You want to buy an expensive car which will instantly lose thousands the second you take delivery. To do so you are willing to take on finance which will be at a stupid apr, rather than wait 2 years for your credit history to repair itself.

Why not simply sink the 10k into a good second hand car and wait until you can get cheap finance rather than be saddled with a big loan at a stupid rate. Over the next 2 years you can then build up your 10k again and trade in your second hand car - probably not worth too much 2 years down the line, but it won't be worth 0.

How much do you reckon a z4m coupe will lose in value over the next 2 years?
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish

How much do you reckon a z4m coupe will lose in value over the next 2 years?
                      It will be slightly less than the contract hire, the se was 11k, the z4 m will be 15k plus. With credit the car will have cost him 10k a year. IMHO not worth it
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X