• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My first investment bank

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hehe, you lot are a bunch of cards

I don't start until later this month. The hours sounds about right though.

I shall be commuting. Not too bad Ipswich->Liv St.

Comment

Originally posted by SoupDragon View Post
      Hehe, you lot are a bunch of cards

I don't start until later this month. The hours sounds about right though.

I shall be commuting. Not too bad Ipswich->Liv St.
      Can you give us your hiring manager name, email, mobile number and department? Do you know if they are looking for other contractors?
      What was your interview like, what kind of questions do they ask?

Comment

no

I shall get my own mates in first

The interview wasn't a grilling but there was a technical test which, while not especially tough was very pushed for time

Comment

Originally posted by SoupDragon View Post
          no

I shall get my own mates in first

The interview wasn't a grilling but there was a technical test which, while not especially tough was very pushed for time

Are you new to contracting? I was taking the pi$$ with the questions above, they are the sort of questions agents would use on gullible applicants like yourself....

If I were you I'd delete all the information you have given here, the IT contracting world is small and anyone can trace you to this post !!

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post

Are you new to contracting? I was taking the pi$$ with the questions above, they are the sort of questions agents would use on gullible applicants like yourself....

If I were you I'd delete all the information you have given here, the IT contracting world is small and anyone can trace you to this post !!
            Or, alternatively, wear a burkha like Sandy to disguise yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post

No, I didn't think you were really serious - even if you were an agent fishing, I didn't think you'd have that many posts without being spotted and booted out.

I haven't said anything that I shouldn't have but I do take what you said under advisement.

Comment

Congrats SoupDragon, now you can afford one of those bargain new build Ipswich marina-side flats that have been advertised in London papers for the last year.

Comment

The Master works here as well you know. He'll be after your autograph - should be good for an extension and a ride in his Tardis.

He's been away for a bit lately though. Project planning.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenerGrass View Post
                    Congrats SoupDragon, now you can afford one of those bargain new build Ipswich marina-side flats that have been advertised in London papers for the last year.
                    Yah, that place had character but they knocked down the olde buildings and now it looks like downtown dubai with all its cranes...

Comment

Soup Dragon, we don't boot agents out here.

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer...

Comment

Working...
                      X