• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obama's speech

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I like Hillary - I hope she wins
    It'll be the second time she was in power...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      He has no policies! He's a soundbite politician with no experience, that's the problem.
      Look, do you think Bush has got experience? You don't need to be a know everything president - you need to have decent convictions and not fall prey to special interests like all presidents so far - that's why Obama is different, and Clinton, despite her "policies" would be just another president good for big companies. Obama won't be - and that's the best policy ever to have.

Frankly Clinton has shown her colours about how desperate she is for power and that she would do anything to achieve it - this is extremely dangerous habit, not to say that she is definately the kind of person who tries to tell things that electorate wants to hear on the basis of her polls.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        I like Hillary - I hope she wins
        Sorry, but she is an old she-witch whose main occupation should be looking after her grandchildren rather than trying to gain another term for big company lobbists.

Comment

I can't help thinking that even if Obama gets into the White House, with all the gun-toting loonies in the US he won't last more than a month or so. I don't think America is ready for a 'black' president yet, even one as non-negroid as Obama.

The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Look, do you think Bush has got experience? You don't need to be a know everything president - you need to have decent convictions and not fall prey to special interests like all presidents so far - that's why Obama is different, and Clinton, despite her "policies" would be just another president good for big companies. Obama won't be - and that's the best policy ever to have.

Frankly Clinton has shown her colours about how desperate she is for power and that she would do anything to achieve it - this is extremely dangerous habit, not to say that she is definately the kind of person who tries to tell things that electorate wants to hear on the basis of her polls.
            Assuming you mean GWB rather than GHWB, then yes - the fact that Dick Cheney is actually the president for starters.

Plus, as I have said, you do need to have some policies. Does anyone know Obama's stance on anything? Apart from being the next Martin Luther King Jr, that is.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
              I can't help thinking that even if Obama gets into the White House, with all the gun-toting loonies in the US he won't last more than a month or so. I don't think America is ready for a 'black' president yet, even one as non-negroid as Obama.

Muhammad Ali was encouraged to run for president at one stage. He was quoted as saying "I should run for vice president. That way, the president would never get shot"
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                The more I see of her, the more I understand the hatred republicans hold for her. Something about her just completely winds me up the wrong way.
                I agree there snaw - I think she had to show her colours as a manipulative she-witch who would do anything for power - it's bad enough when women do that to get more money in divorce, it would lead to terrible results if that woman is the President of USA. Frankly she made me completely re-evaluate what I knew about Bill Clinton - I think in my mind he is more of Tony Bliar now, I have equally bad distaste against both of them now.

Comment

Surely its got the be the guy off 24?

What do you mean its not real!

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                  I reckon Will Smith will be the first black president of America, so this Obama chap doesn't stand a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Assuming you mean GWB rather than GHWB, then yes - the fact that Dick Cheney is actually the president for starters.

Plus, as I have said, you do need to have some policies. Does anyone know Obama's stance on anything? Apart from being the next Martin Luther King Jr, that is.
                    Obama will wind down wasted money in Iraq and put some of that into Afganistan - the rest will be big saving. Given recession issues this would lead to a big reduction in costs to USA, that will help them emerge out of economical troubles faster.

Bush Jn is a stupid guy, it's as simple as that - he is just not very bright, if he was not son of Bush Snr (who was a smart guy), then he'd never get elected. I don't think Obama will be as bad as Bush - nobody can beat that.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Obama will wind down wasted money in Iraq and put some of that into Afganistan - the rest will be big saving. Given recession issues this would lead to a big reduction in costs to USA, that will help them emerge out of economical troubles faster.

Bush Jn is a stupid guy, it's as simple as that - he is just not very bright, if he was not son of Bush Snr (who was a smart guy), then he'd never get elected. I don't think Obama will be as bad as Bush - nobody can beat that.
                      No - GWB is NOT stupid. He may be dyslexic (probably), and come across that way, but he is pretty smart. Given then environment in which he grew up, that's no surprise really.

Have a read of "House of Bush, House of Saud", "Utter Incompetents" and "The Bush Dyslexicon" for some interesting insights.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X