• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ken - the special needs kid

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another well thought-out Lucy post.
    Rapidly rising up the village idiot rankings, currently topped by HRH.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      Don't worry saddo not even HRH is as gormless as you.
      Last edited by Lucy; 20 April 2008, 17:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
        From The Times:

He looks oddly mal-coordinated. He has pigeon toes and big feet and walks with a cartoonish dopiness. His arms don’t synchronise and he’s got that eternally cheap cotton suit and shapeless flasher’s mac with the final style addition of a girl’s rucksack.

Altogether with his little head bent forward he looks like an oversized special needs kid.

The reaction to Ken in the street is muted. After-office drinkers look up without interest, occasionally someone yells. It’s difficult to tell if they’re being encouraging or ironic. There are plenty of shouts of “winker”.

Ken waves and every so often a drunk lad will come up and ask him to fix their lives, the buses or the weather. He promises to do what he can. Facts and figures tumble out of him with alacrity – if not conviction. He’s like an automated phone system. Press one for bendy buses and Boris; press two for immigration and the Olympics; press three for gay and lesbian issues; stay on the line for a smooth operator.

Except he isn’t that smooth any more. There’s something about Ken’s whole demeanour that looks beaten. He’s losing from the inside out. He was always a grey man, the Stalinist version of John Major with a whiny south London accent. But now there’s a weariness, an absence of enthusiasm.

HRH gets everywhere it seems!!!
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Free Tibet! Laugh at special needs kids!

Brilliant stuff as always Lucy

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            And I do have a 'mental disorder/disability' and people make fun of that kind of stuff all the time.
            Sorry to hear that Lucy, what is it ?

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
              Sorry to hear that Lucy, what is it ?

I would've thought that trick with the golf ball and the hosepipe would be an attribute, not a disability.

Ohhh, you're talking about the fact that (s)he's an attention seeking gender confused schizophrenic alchoholic. Sorry, my bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                I would've thought that trick with the golf ball and the hosepipe would be an attribute, not a disability.

Ohhh, you're talking about the fact that (s)he's an attention seeking gender confused schizophrenic . Sorry, my bad!
                and you took the words right out of my mouth
                it must have been while you were kissing me
                you took the words... maltloaf

Luciferbox ..lucy.
                call me slow but i Have my suspicions

(\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                X