• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone got a gun?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to mention the employee of the quarter award, a guy who lives 80 miles from work, arrives at work at 6:45am, leaves around 6, to get home for around 9pm with a family he never sees.

Has a company car, seems to think he needs to work mad hours to justify the 'free' car which he is taxed to the hilt on.

I really cannot believe I am entering permiedom - however, tough times, needs must and all of that!

Comment

Wilmsloooooooow
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford View Post
        So wilm, why is it important?
        Yeah - what on earth were his justifications for the wearing of a pointless anachronistic neck-rag?

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post

Either get me a gun quick, get Lucy to counsel me, or cheer me up!
          It could be worse, you could be Wilmslow.

Ah.....
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Did I tell you about my new porsche?

HTH.

Comment

Argh, I am FRUSTRATED - I soooo need a gun after reading that reply.

I have an electric oven. My first floor bedroom has a porch to soften the fall onto a soft lawn.

Just flogged my old banger, so cannot even take that on the motorway for a quick ending with the CV joint about to go on it.

You really are a glutton for punishment. If being "counselled" by Lucy I was ready to

I suggest you ask for advice from all your friends on cuk...

Comment

I'm sure this is taken verbatim from an episode of Reginald Perrin.

Comment

Lucy and Wilmslow.... now there is a match made in heaven.

Comment

I recall my first encounter with the directors of a multinational company. The global IT department were on the ground floor, directors on the first, so we'd interact occasionally, at events like "all company briefings". Most of them would have difficulty tying their own shoe laces. Certainly walking and chewing gum would be a challenge. There was one bright light among them - the COO. Very smart. Never wore a tie, and used to hang out with the smokers at the back door. Kind of guy who looks like he's about to ask your for spare change.

Most directors are in their position because of who they know, or who they're related - not their ability. Look at the chief executive of Novartis, who has the highest salary in Switzerland. His wife - the neice of a former chairman of Sandoz. ( Novartis was formed by the merger of Sandoz and Ciba-Geigy ).
                    Last edited by NotAllThere; 23 April 2008, 09:05.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I forgot to mention the employee of the quarter award
                      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X