which is best, living outside or inside the uk ? which is best, living outside or inside the uk ?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 70
  1. #1

    Godlike

    milanbenes 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,975

    Default which is best, living outside or inside the uk ?

    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-10-years.html


    'She said: “A lot of this is people retiring abroad, which is a relatively new phenomenon and is only possible because we are all better off . ',


    Milan.

  2. #2

    More time posting than coding

    shelby68 has no reputation

    shelby68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire at the moment.
    Posts
    364

    Default

    That's good of them making way for all the extra imigrants comming here,
    Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

  3. #3

    Respect my authoritah!

    NotAllThere is always on top

    NotAllThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Far away from HMRC
    Posts
    20,793

    Default

    It is, isn't it. I think we should get some tax breaks for being so helpful.

    In answer to the question. Well, the UK is ok to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
    Duct tape holds the universe together. In quantum chromodynamics it's known as the strong force. You get it in different colours, but metallic grey is best.

  4. #4

    Godlike

    expat has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brutopia
    Posts
    8,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by milanbenes View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-10-years.html


    'She said: “A lot of this is people retiring abroad, which is a relatively new phenomenon and is only possible because we are all better off . ',


    Milan.
    I have recently returned to the UK after 15 years away (hence the name). I came back for personal reasons, not from a desire to live here again, and I have to say that my lack of desire to return has been fully justified by what I have found. My partner raised the subject of emigrating recently. Great! Just a question of when and where. And this time I won't call it expat, I'll call it emigrating.

  5. #5

    Fingers like lightning

    Cheshire Cat has no reputation


    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    560

    Default

    bye then.

  6. #6

    Godlike

    ChimpMaster is NOT a disguised employee

    ChimpMaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Here There and Everywhere
    Posts
    5,510

    Default

    expat where did you work / live for those 15 years?

    I'm keen to leave this place too.... just biding my time earning my money while I can. Long term I think Canada has a great story. Oz is a nice thought but too far while I wouldn't mind working in Dubai for a couple of years too.

  7. #7

    Double Godlike!

    oracleslave 's job has never been outsourced

    oracleslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    10,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TazMaN View Post
    expat where did you work / live for those 15 years?

    I'm keen to leave this place too.... just biding my time earning my money while I can. Long term I think Canada has a great story. Oz is a nice thought but too far while I wouldn't mind working in Dubai for a couple of years too.
    Canada sounds boring to me although the wife is keen on it. Oz remains the destination of choice for me although the remoteness is a concern.

  8. #8

    Banned

    Churchill has more data than eek

    Churchill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    On the rug licking my balls.
    Posts
    25,954

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oracleslave View Post
    Canada sounds boring to me although the wife is keen on it. Oz remains the destination of choice for me although the remoteness is a concern.
    If you're emigrating, what does it matter how far away the place is?

    Sod this I'm off for a bacon butty!

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    BlasterBates - scorchio!

    BlasterBates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    1922 Commitee
    Posts
    14,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It is, isn't it. I think we should get some tax breaks for being so helpful.

    In answer to the question. Well, the UK is ok to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there.
    You're in Basel though.

    Basel is the town that most resembles the UK in that part of the world. It reminds me of Middlesboro.
    I'm alright Jack

  10. #10

    Double Godlike!

    oracleslave 's job has never been outsourced

    oracleslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    10,022

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    If you're emigrating, what does it matter how far away the place is?

    Sod this I'm off for a bacon butty!
    The desire to visit relatives/family still here doesn't disappear just because I might emigrate.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •