• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yorkshire - places to stay

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    I'd finish the week by going to Doncaster to visit my Dad, but you probably won't want to do that

HTH
    Are you related to Threaded?

I only ask as I was told all you yorkshire twats were inbred.

But then I'm a Lancastrian and you were probably told much the same about us!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

I don't think so, other than a love of pies I can't see any other similarities
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Thanks all. Surprisingly good information for 'general'

Comment

Inbred implies mating between members of the same family.

As for Lancky's we don't even consider that 2 humans were involved in your conception

Comment

Originally posted by BA to the Stars View Post
            Inbred implies mating between members of the same family.
            As for Lancky's we don't even consider that 2 humans were involved in your conception
            If you'd read(undersood) the post you would have noticed that I asked if they were "related"...

Comment

all sorted! Have rented cottage in Masham for the week.

Plenty of Black Sheep for me then!

Comment

Can definitely recommend Masham - a trip round the Theakston and Black Sheep breweries should be high on the agenda, and while we're on the subject of beer there's a great pub called The Blue Lion in nearby East Witton. While you're recovering from the subsequent hangover you could then check out Hardraw Force.
                Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Can definitely recommend Masham - a trip round the Theakston and Black Sheep breweries should be high on the agenda, and while we're on the subject of beer there's a great pub called The Blue Lion in nearby East Witton. While you're recovering from the subsequent hangover you could then check out Hardraw Force.
                  Well done, that just answered the Robin Hood question!

Another waterfall which was used as a location in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves" was Hardraw Force - England's largest single-drop waterfall - also in the Yorkshire Dales. Here, you can enjoy a pint of beer and a snack as the waterfall lies in the grounds of the historic Green Dragon Inn.

Comment

Well done, that just answered the Robin Hood question!
                    Glad I could help I like the way you actually have to walk through yet another pub to get to the waterfall itself. Combined with the brewery trips this could turn out to be quite a liver damaging holiday.
                    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                      Glad I could help I like the way you actually have to walk through yet another pub to get to the waterfall itself. Combined with the brewery trips this could turn out to be quite a liver damaging holiday.
                      F*ckit, you can always get another!

Comment

Working...
                      X