• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Daily Doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    I was 39 last Thursday.
    Stones?

Comment

I am putting one job back into the economy.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...nts-my-pa.html

So not all doom! Turn that frown upside down!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Dream on.
        I still think alot depends on where oil goes from here. Though at the moment it looks to be heading North

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
          Stones?
          Deja-vu. That's one of my legs. you know.
          Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
            Come on people, you know you want to From the front page of the BBC right now:

Recession 'looming' for UK firms

Persimmon makes 1,100 UK job cuts

Plus FTSE has tanked - 2.4% down so far today. Am sure it will climb to be 40 points up by the end of the day but still looks pretty scary out there.
            Pah, markets are not that far off their long term trend. Take another 20% off from here and then it’ll be bad.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
              Deja-vu. That's one of my legs. you know.
              You didn't answer my question.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I still think alot depends on where oil goes from here. Though at the moment it looks to be heading North
                We're in a speculator-driven oil bubble (linky(. In a years time oil will be cheaper again, and HMG will be putting 4p on duty.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
                  I am putting one job back into the economy.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...nts-my-pa.html

So not all doom! Turn that frown upside down!
                  Hardly a job if it is unpaid?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
                    No, I saw it was the Mail and disregarded it.
                    Keep your head in the sand Charles, you know it makes sense.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      So you experienced the last recession. What makes you think it can't happen again?
                      Not that it can't, I just don't think it will. The last recession was caused by the death of old style manufacturing. Unless we're witnessing the death of whatever portfolio of industries makes up the UK economy this time round (banking? perhaps?) then I don't think it'll happen. I'm sure we're in for a decline of growth, but not full scale recession. I can imaqgine armies of DHSS scroungers being laid off from their fortnightly walk to the dole office.

In any case, what i think won't change the outcome, so there's no point thinking doom and gloom. Make hay while the sun shines.

Comment

Working...
                      X